Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Garage hearse, 54 Superior.

Hey all,

The other night a friend of mine was telling me about an episode on monster garage that they turned a 54 into a grave digger.
    I was fairly confident that the hearse they destroyed was like.... 70's something? I didnt watch the episode, just remember briefly looking at the end product.. Then it getting destroyed for it being a 'fail'
    So i then googled it once i got home to make sure he was wrong, which i was positive of. And well, I was, They ruined some kinda landau, superior i'd imagine, didnt look much into it, but fact of the matter it wasnt a 54.
    I then searched some more for a perhaps, Second edition, And well, There was one. It's a 54 Superior Limo, Side loader i think. Anyways they ruined it in my opinion, You decide.
    61626_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

yeah it's teh suck

Comment

If it was done to actually be used for digging then it's all good, but if it was done just to do it then that's retarded. I like the paint job on it.

Comment

That is the second hearse Jessie James destroyed. The first was a 73 Sideloader but it never got finished and was sent to the crusher, where it gave the crusher a fit. I can't find and pictutres but I did find a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJQTQaLgQcEpisode Detail: Grim Ripper - Monster Garage

A classic-model hearse, the 1973 Miller-Meteor Cadillac, is transformed into a car-crushing machine dubbed the Grim Ripper by the Monster Garage team. It features hydraulic arms and claws, and an auger to drill a hole into its victim."

And I found a description but not much else.
        "

Comment

As far as Jesse James goes, his taste in cars is alright from what I've seen. Take his 54 Bel air for example. Nice car. However as far as his show goes, I'm yet to see a 'monster' that's actually half decent ...shame. Also, LMS, Can you rephrase your paragraph? I'm not entirely sure what you ment..

Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Weirdo View Post
            As far as Jesse James goes, his taste in cars is alright from what I've seen. Take his 54 Bel air for example. Nice car. However as far as his show goes, I'm yet to see a 'monster' that's actually half decent ...shame. Also, LMS, Can you rephrase your paragraph? I'm not entirely sure what you ment..

Jackson
            I think what hes saying is that if they built it to only dig the one time, for the show, then it is retarded. If it was put in service regularly, then its not so bad.

I highly doubt this thing did any thing after the show. What a waste of a cool old coach. Nice shape too.

Comment

The '54 recently went through one of the televised auctions... can't remember which though

Comment

I mean if I owned a company that needed a light duty digger and built something like that for the job then it would be good.
                But building it just to show off on tv is for fucktards.

Comment

Oh okay, Yeah, Makes sense. I think it'd be alright for digging as a job, but to ruin it for the sake of an hours tv time is just stupid.

Comment

Actually, the more i look at it, the more i think it's just a waste.
                    They could have gone for something more common, and not something pre 60.. y'know? Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
                      I think what hes saying is that if they built it to only dig the one time, for the show, then it is retarded. If it was put in service regularly, then its not so bad.

I highly doubt this thing did any thing after the show. What a waste of a cool old coach. Nice shape too.
                      After the shows air they would use the cars built for the show for promotion and put them on display in public places. IIRC they would just park them, not run them or anything.

Comment

Color me retarded; I think it looks pretty badass and the fact that it can dig a grave is just icing on the cake. I imagine it had to be a sideloader just so they could get a casket in and out of it with the backhoe attachment on the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                          The '54 recently went through one of the televised auctions... can't remember which though
                          Sold at 2008 Barret Jackson for $7000

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
                            Color me retarded; I think it looks pretty badass and the fact that it can dig a grave is just icing on the cake. I imagine it had to be a sideloader just so they could get a casket in and out of it with the backhoe attachment on the rear.
                            Well that's the problem, it COULDN'T dig graves. Car wasn't heavy enough and it just lifts itself off the ground. At least that's what I've heard.

In any case it's an abomination. Screw up a POS 90's, not a classic.

Comment

No chance the not heavy enough to dig thing is like that article about Chrysler's turbine car from the 60's which would melt asphalt is it?

Misinformation and innuendo aside, I still think its a pretty sweet ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X