Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 Eureka Cadillac hearse gas tank needed..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Eureka Cadillac hearse gas tank needed..........

Im lookin for a gas tank for my hearse, if anyone knows a good spot to buy one or has one they want to sell please let me know. Price, pics, location etc, Thanks

Will let you know if I see anything close sitting around here in Ohio!

Comment

Since I think Eureka did not use a commercial chassis for their Pro-cars in 1984, I would be suprised if a regular cadillac gas tank from that year would work, as well as some other GM make. If you can locate a parts catalouge, there may be a number for that part. That number could then tell you which vehicles were suplied that part, as well as what year vehicles would use that part.

Comment

yeah eurekas of that time are cut-and-stretches. you maybe able to get a stock tank from the cadillac, but i'm can just about guarantee you that the filler neck is going to be a problem. you'll probably have to take it to a welding shop and have it fixed up.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
          Will let you know if I see anything close sitting around here in Ohio!

Comment

yeah thats the problem, either way Im gonna have to do some welding, either fix what I have or move filler neck on a new one...... Which I would obviously rather weld on a new tank, haha, but Ive found afew on ebay for a stock 84 caddy and luckly they give dimentions cause I almost bought one but mine is like 7" tall and factory spec one they sell is 10" tall, So I have no clue which tank would really fit if I bought a new one...... See my issuse is I scraped a hole in my tank from draggin the ass end of the car so I have to patch somewhat of small holes, I tried auto parts gas tank epoxy shit and that lasted 2 days..... I can weld but am kinda iffy on tryin it on a tank, been draind and rinsed out, I was also considering Brazing... any of you done this, I think radiator shops and shit use this technique. Well any input is greatly appreatiated, Thanks

Comment

I am scrapping an 82 S&S, but ripping out the tank just to find out it doesn't fit would be disappointing. The filler neck is on the driver side of the car but I think it connects to the center rear of the tank. I have the tank and filler neck out of a 75 S&S also. But it is huge, possibly 35 gals. You tank may be 3in shorter dur to room constraints with the rear floor and structure.

I have welded a tank before. But it was cut open and 2 halves of 2 different tanks were throughly rinsed and then welded back together. We also hooked a shop vac to the filler to draw out any remaining fumes. I worked, I am still here.

Comment

Might be worth a shot.... can you send me afew pics to droppedchevy65@yahoo.com and any dimentions you can get for me if ya dont mind. How much did you have in mind for a price? Thanks

Comment

This guy is parting out a 83.

Comment

Working...
                  X