Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
    300dpi for print
    AT LEAST 300 DPI (dots per inch) for print.

If you need a program to open files I recommend http://www.getpaint.net and http://www.gimp.org

The first is windows only, the second has versions for multiple operating systems.

Alternatively you can go spend a truckload and get Photoshop which is the go-to image editor for many professionals (but the programs above are almost as good and IMHO just as good for amateur use.)

Comment

Guy's I really don't understand alot or should I say most of what your saying. JPEG pictures have worked for me so far. So I will still use JPEG.

Comment

Are you publishing this book? What is the use of the book , do you have a publisher that thinks its a good sell? And if your not computer savy i hope you have someone to format all that you want to do with this book to the company that your thinking of doing this book for . And I hope you have expendable cash to perform this task Books to get published are not a cheep venture. I wish you the best but it seems you need to do some more research on ho to create a book. And what is needed buy publishers before ou even think about getting photos from people. Have you done Any of this?

Comment

This will be my 4th book. I don't see the concern with the photo format. So far all my photo's have came out very clear . It was just an offer to the people here to have their cars included. I
          Last edited by A.Sharpe; 11-26-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I think that kind of information would have been benificial to mention , before starting the post . with this kind of information people can better understand that your hearse book may have some chance , It just seem like a flash in the pan Idea . With a 4 book credential under your belt it does not seem so far fetched, however I guess if no one was interested in giving you photos the production of the book and sale of the book would have been minimal. I think if you send high quality jpegs they are fine .. did not have an issue with the format just seemed like you did not know what you were getting yourself into now that has been clarified

Comment

Not a problem. I see it all the time on the knife-maker sites. I get alot of people who want to do a review on my knives. They post a web video on how well the knife performs. It always ends up with me sending them a free knife. Which I decline. i usually run a 2 year backlog. It seems everyone wants something for nothing.
              Guy's on the knife sites (a few) always seem to bomb the new makers with so much high tech info when a "That will work " would have surficed. If I had jst been told if you use this format your photo's will come out so much clearer I would have had more interest. Heck I still have a flip phone and just found out about 6 months ago you didn't have to turn it off to hang up the phone. It hangs up when you close it. LOL. I am not jokeing.
              Last edited by A.Sharpe; 11-25-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X