Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CC only wheel studs... who wants 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CC only wheel studs... who wants 'em?

I'm currently working on reproducing a small batch of the rear lug studs for Commercial Chassis Caddies. Thing is, I need to know how many to have made. I can get better prices if I have a large batch made. If I get better prices, I can sell them cheaper. Anyone in the market for CC only rear studs? A head count and quantities needed would be nice!

Side question, Who know if the 50's rear studs and the 70's rear studs are the same? If not, anyone have a single stud I can have to duplicate? I'll happily replace it... it can even be broken!
    Last edited by Beladona_13; 10-19-2012, 06:08 AM.

Put me down for 2 sets for my '63. Should last until we are all melted by aliens.

Comment

I'd probably replace all 10 if given the chance.

Comment

put me down for 20

Comment

I have a '76 caddy, are my wheel studs the same? And because you are having some made I can only assume they aren't available now? If that's the case, I would buy some.
          Last edited by bluke1; 10-22-2012, 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling error...oops

Comment

No, they aren't available yet, still working out the logistics. Your 76 Caddy will have the same as the 65 and up cars, not sure about the earlier cars yet, working on that too...

Comment

I'll take 20 for a 63 Cad CC

Comment

Ok, so if I can get enough orders for studs, I can crank 'em out for 1.20-1.70 each. Seems pretty reasonable. Now, I just need to know if anyone has one of the '55? to '64 style rear studs I can steal / borrow / buy for a sample... If I can get orders for a few hundred studs I can get them on the cheaper end of the spectrum. Still working out the logistics here, but this seems feasible to me!

Comment

Put me down for a tentative 2 sets.

Comment

I'd take a full set of 10

Comment

I guess I should be clearer, 2 sets where a set is per hub. So 10.

Comment

I apologize for not understanding, but I'm unclear on what years the lugs you are making are for. Looks like everyone asking is pre-65, correct? Just looking for clarification. Thanks.

Comment

65-76, possibly newer than that. I had a 77 once, but never remember taking the wheel off the back.

Comment

I am a little late on this thread... Has anyone responded to you with a broken stud you can use? I have one from my 62MM... I solved my broken stud problem another way but if you are making studs that will hold up to the task, I may be interested for 10 .

I have no idea though if they interchange year to year or if they would even interchange from one coach builder to another. You may want to compare measurements from a random sampling and see if you can get away with a "one size fits all".
                            Last edited by Haasmama; 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM. Reason: added on to it...

Comment

I don't see what the coach builder would have to do with it, it was Cadillac that supplied the rear end.

Comment

Working...
                              X