59 ecto-1a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 ecto-1a?

Someone tried to be convincing with one but it falls just a little short .

Is that a 64 with 59 fins? And the fins seem to be pointing up too much.

Comment

Yes, you nailed years. Started off as a '64 S&S Park Row - just like my very first coach almost 20 years ago.

Same craptastical dealer that maintains hundreds of private individual CL sales ads. I recommend searching his phone number and flagging every last one of them like I do.

Comment

I don't know what that thing is. For sure a 64 clip. What looks funny to Me and not like My 64, look at the angle along the bottom of the doors. They start high up in the front and run down hill.

Comment

S&S styling cue Ray. Door bottoms were staggered.

64ss3.jpg

Comment

Damn, I had the coach maker wrong! Dent even notice the doors.

Comment

looks to have 63 rear corners too. quite the mash up!

Comment

And it still doesn't bother me as much as a beautiful 59 Superior landau, that was converted to an Ecto.

Comment

Leuke verrassing over deze kortere vorm. Kunt u ons vertellen wat het is je praat / schrijft over?
                  Heeft alle info. over deze kortere vorm al eerder gepost (en ik net gemist)?

Comment

I dont like that on ebay there calling it a 59 and in the fine print its "titled as a 63"....to me it looks like someone got a run down coach and put 64 front bumpers, bezels etc. and slapped it together..i emailed the guy telling him that he should put it as a 63 to not piss off someone who doesnt know cars that pays the 20 grand bid that it is almost at....If its not a 59 miller, its not an ecto!

Comment

A fool and his money....

Comment

Not as bad as the guy about to do the same this to a restored 63 Buick Flxible.

Comment

The quarter window trim is an S&S give-a-way.

My opinion: I think he did a nice job at building a fun toy to cruise with, but its just not up to snuff with the correct details...

Fact: He says this car was built to be used in the Universal studios stage show, but Im sure they would want an original 59 MM cadillac combo. My friend Jill did some digging, and found a site about the GB show at Universal. They did manage to find and use a 59 MM caddy. Case in point, This guys full of shit.

Feast: http://www.moviemassacre.com/2/post/...stbusters.html

Comment

This same thread about this car is going on at another forum as well, Doc. ( I'm sure you know which one ) The only people this ad is lying to is the "prospective customer", and since most of those tend to be on a forum like this the ad isn't lying to anyone, it's just showing the seller to be a liar. I'm sure if challenged they'll backpedal it to "I was misinformed" which is a cop-out to doing any fact-checking before posting an ad.

Comment

Working...
                            X