• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bags for Caddy

Im thinking about bagging my hearse and lookin for
    info and sugjestions laying it all the way down is my goal

What year?

Creepy Cruiser will have much pertinent info. He was the first around here that I'm aware of to bag his bonebox.

Comment

Yep, year is very important, lol.

Comment

78 M&M A freind photo shopped it giving me ideas

Comment

Are you looking to "Drag the hell out of it"? lol, Dance it for your friends or just have a really cool stance when you park it?
          That will determine how much money and fabrication you put into it.

50 year old leaf springs only flex so many times before breaking.
          So I chose to do a 2-link (truck arm) rear setup and replaced the front coils with bags.
          I did 8 valve FBSS and now find myself only using 3 switches most of the time.
          I wanted it as low as I could get it and still be able to drive a short distance if there is a failure of any component.
          Nice thing about it, no major modifications were made that I cannot return it to original by removing a couple brackets and replacing coils and leafs.

Comment

A cool stance when its parked a low ride never was much of a dancer lol

Comment

Mine is similar to Roach's, in that I too have a 2 link in the rear. Mine however has a ton of fabrication done, because I wanted to drag the "Hell" out of it, lol. I also narrowed the front and the rear to get 10" wide wheels to tuck all the way around and did 4 wheel disk brakes at the same time. I only run 4 valves, because I have no desire to do side to side on this rig, (most of the cars we bag however, we run 8 valves)

Since it's a '78 you should have no problem finding pre made bag brackets for the front, (most are the same as a '78 sedan), and then you just have to decide how you want to set up the rear. For what you're looking to do, it shouldn't be to hard at all. (if you want to go flat on the ground though, it will take a bit more fab. A lot depends on the size of your wheels and tires)

I strongly suggest going the same route as Roach though, in the concept of going low but still being able to drive it home in the event of a component failure. I've been driving mine bagged for over 10 rears , and have never had an issue, (I've also built hundreds of bagged rigs over the year). However, I've known many other people that have been screwed, lol.
              Last edited by Creepy Cruiser; 03-27-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah Roach has a point there thats what ill shoot for thanks for the imput guys creepy cruiser ya have any inside pics ?

Comment

I do somewhere on another hard drive. I'll see if I can dig some up. The interior is not quite finished. Still need to do the seats and door panels. I haven't really decided on what I want for them yet, so I stopped at that point.

Comment

Gonna make some changes this is what i have so far i change my mind every time i change socks

Comment

Working...
                    X