Dreams DO come true '72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams DO come true '72

Hello everyone, wanted to introduce my self as a proud first time owner of a beautiful hearse. I've always wanted one but never had the means until now. Recently got a wild hair up my darkside and the wife and I bought this 72 Caddy. I thought I'd come here to be amongst like minded miscreants who know a lot more than I do about owning one of these boats. She runs great but needs some cosmetic work (yep, I only gotta do the fun stuff).

Can't wait to get started getting the dust off this mean ole' DOOM SHiP!

IMG_0379.jpgIMG_0375.jpgIMG_0376.jpg

Welcome to the NHAA.

Congrats on your first coach. You'll find several early '70s MM owners here.

Comment

welcome! looks like you were on the west coast?

Comment

Dreams DO come true '72
        nice find, but just remember that nightmares can come true as well. Go through that thing with a fine tooth comb and make sure it's mechanically sound before you start driving around in it and break down somewhere shitty. Just because it seems to run great now doesn't mean something is not about to break. Remember it is an old car.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
          welcome! looks like you were on the west coast?
          yep. The armpit of the state! about 1.5 hours north of Hollyweird.

@LMS: yeah I know it. But at least I got a good head start. There's not to much troubleshooting once it's already going. Got a shop manual on the way and I'm ready to get my hands under the hood. The previous owner said it was his daily up until about a month or so ago, then it sat under a carport after that.
          I've poked around some and and already see a belt and some other things that look like they should be in a box on the rollers inside

Comment

Welome from one 72 to another!

Comment

Welcome! And congrats on fnding a gorgeous coach!

Comment

EWhen it comes to post 1964 Coaches, I onestly love the 1972's. I think the vented grille, and pre crash bumpers, really give it a classic look.

Comment

Working...
                X