Hearse lost in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse lost in Oklahoma

I saw pics on facebook of member Vera Voodoo's coach lost in a storm related fire, glad you and your family are alright, sorry to hear about the coach and everything else lost!!

Oh no! I had dropped Vera another email earlier today seeing how she's doing after this last round.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Vera. Glad Everyone is OK.

Comment

That sucks!

Nikki has been lamenting Tim Samaras and Carl Young being killed in a storm this weekend.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...#ht_970wt_1165 I found this online after a friend asked some of us to look for similar coaches incase she cannot bring hers back Damn tornado's

Comment

Yes Jonathon, I suggested that and can appreciate you relaying '59 S&S.

The intent of suggestion was more to relay a smokin' deal (no pun intended) on a similar coach not advertised anywhere or selflessly turn over a fantastic find to someone who really deserves a break in Vera. Had that '59 S& been stumbled across in a garage for 1/3 the price, that's the sort that would help truly make someone smile after going through such a devastating event.

And for those that have not yet seen...

Last edited by 60Crown; 06-03-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

So sad.

Glad everybody is ok though.

Comment

Thank you.

Thanks, Atti, everyone. I really appreciate it. We are beyond lucky that we lost so little compared to others. I'm truly grateful. I'm trying to not be so devastated because we are alive and still have a home. On the other hand I 'm having a hard time losing what we did. More furious with myself because a couple days before I almost moved her out of the garage but decided against it because of the possible hail storms coming up... and ironically thought that my garage would protect her. Apparently the tarp covering the part that couldn't fit in the garage was flame retardant and that seemed to have helped the condition on the back end's exterior.

Nothing in the garage was running.. they were all active projects. The '64 was damned close.. My daily until she blew a head gasket that cracked the block. We insured her recently when we thought she'd be up and running, but Eddie let it expire when the problem turned out being worse than it was, so nothing was insured.. and the insurance company we have the homeowner's through is trying to refuse ANYTHING car related as they are saying they are not considered "hobby property." Almost everything in there was vehicle related... tools, spare parts a few 50's - 60's, and one 80's motor, several transmissions, motorcycle, scooter.. etc. We can't clean anything up until an inspector comes out so I won't have an idea of how bad everything is..nothing looks good. Hearse_Guy, I'd KILL for that, if timing was better.. my god. Since we are fighting them on everything I doubt I'd be able to afford to get that. if only. Seriously. <3. Thank you, though.

Comment

Originally posted by VeraVoodoo View Post
                  homeowner's through is trying to refuse ANYTHING car related as they are saying they are not considered "hobby property." Almost everything in there was vehicle related... tools, spare parts a few 50's - 60's, and one 80's motor, several transmissions, motorcycle, scooter.. etc.
                  They're likely going to get away with not paying anything for the vehicles [the way US insurance works for individuals is if you want cars insured, you have to do it through some kind of auto policy]. But, they should pay for the other contents of the building if the building was insured [at the very least this would include tools & equipment, any furniture, etc.] plus the value of the building itself. If you have any pictures of the stuff that was in there, that might help and they're likely going to want an itemized list of all the stuff that was in there & what it was worth [you're going to have to find a retailer with comparable items to reference so they know you're not pulling numbers out of thin air].

It shouldn't make a difference if the tools were used for a hobby or not. Its normal for a generic home owner's policy to deny "collectibles" unless you have a policy written to include them but tools are something most homes have for maintaining the grounds, buildings, cars, lawn care equipment, etc.

Just make sure that if they do cut you any check for less than the amount of your policy, that they include a letter specifying what the check is for so they don't try to pretend that the check was to settle the claim. Some insurance companies will intentionally try to screw people this way. They can write as many checks as they want, so they could write one immediately just to cover the stuff that everyone agrees on to get them out of the way & deal with the rest later.
                  Last edited by sgath92; 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Its seems insuance companys are there to collect that $$ every month but then try to stick it to you whenever you need help!!!

Comment

When my girl is going to be parked for a while I pay something like $8 a month for storage insurance. Any specialty glass ever breaks I'll be glad for it. My luck, I'll never need it until I decide I don't need it. It's sad so many awesome machines were destroyed.

Comment

Vera, My condolences for the loss of your car, I Just read your notes about the insurance company, having just bought a homeowners policy mostly to protect my car stuff, (the Garage isn't worth anything), your post makes me wonder if I have purchased the same company as U have? would be just my luck, I always seem to find the wrong people to deal with, I wonder if U could share the name of the company; not the broker but the insurance company and the upshot for your story?

Comment

Working...
                        X