Procar Graveyard Open House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procar Graveyard Open House

As mentioned in Asheville, details sorted, FB event created. Saturday September 7, first weekend after Labor Day and earlier than haunt season kicks into gear. Can not determine if there will be time for another such event next year at same place. Property lease has been lost. Given immense amount of effort/money it will take to find another location and move everything, owner is heavily leaning towards crushing anything remaining.

----------------------------------------------------

Event in Durham, NC by Attila Bethlenfalvy on Saturday, September 7 201367 posts in the discussion.

After more than 30 years of collecting, this property will cease to exist within the next year. Sadly, an immense parts resource will be lost forever as the largest collection of its kind anywhere in the world will dissipate. 60+ hearses (plus a few ambulances and a couple limos) spanning 50 years from the '30s-'80s lie in destitute.

If you're within a day's drive and like professional vehicles, consider attending. Bring a bag lunch and Deep Woods Off. Add tools into the mix for even fairer parts prices when removing yourself. Take advantage of having spares for your coach before these all disappear. And if looking for a project, bring a trailer, as there are a handful of decent builders remaining. Heavy machinery to move units will be provided.

Coach, parts, and price questions in advance encouraged. The more prepared you are, the better of a day you'll have. Cross post as desired.

Exact location provided later to those who RSVP.

if we could somehow verify a non-cracked 80's model windshield, i'd be willing to pay extra to have it removed in advance.

Comment

Just off phone with owner. As of now, he can only think of 1 good spare '80s commercial windshield that he needs for a flower car. He will check other coaches however.

Comment

Wished I could make it, bet I'd wind up in the emergency room with a four hour sign of my excitement........

Comment

Update w/ coach listing including Cadillac passenger cars. Should give a firm idea even if a year is sporadically off by one.

Needs little:
          '73 Superior Crown
          '87 Demers Lincoln
          '89 Demers Lincoln

Builders:
          '37 S&S Byzantine (soon, still being used as pattern)
          '51 S&S flower car (pending payment)
          '55 Superior flower car (pending payment)
          '59 Memphian military ambulance
          '60 Coupe DeVille
          '62 Superior Sovereign limo style endloader (undecided)
          '63 Series 75 limo
          '66 AQC Jetway 707
          '69 MM landau 3-way
          '69 Superior Royale Landaulet endloader
          '70 Superior Landaulet endloader
          '72 MM landau
          '72 Superior 51
          '72 Superior 54
          '84 Superior landau 3-way

Borderline restorable:
          '53 Meteor limo endloader (undecided)
          '64 MM limo style combination
          '70 MM landau 3-way
          '71 National Suburban ambulance
          '74 MM Citation
          '74-'76 S&S Victoria (x2)
          '74 Superior landau
          '84 Superior limo style

Parts cars:
          '49 Fleetwood
          '51 Fleetwood w/ dual A/C
          '54 Miller/camper
          '54-'55 Superior/camper (x3)
          '55 Coupe DeVille
          '56 Sedan DeVille
          '57 Sedan DeVille
          '59 Series 62 sedans (x2)
          '60 Superior Pontiac military ambulance
          '62 Sedan DeVille (x2)
          '62 hearse/camper
          '62 Series 75 limo
          '62 MM/camper
          '62 MM Futura
          '62 Superior Royale limo style combination
          '63 Series 62 sedan
          '63 Superior/camper
          '65 MM landau
          '66 Sedan DeVille
          '66 MM limo combination
          '66 Superior limo style Tiara endloader
          '68 MM landau endloader
          '68 Superior limo style
          '69 Superior Pontiac landau
          '70 Superior Pontiac landau
          '74-'75 Superior landau (x3)
          '75 MM Citation
          '76 MM Lifeliner
          '77-'79 MM landau (x2)
          '77-'79 S&S (x2)
          '84 Superior landau commercial glass
          '85 Collins Buick landau
          '89 Superior commercial glass

.....Add another 10-12 parts coaches from '71+ I do not have individual pictures of. Those lowest on list will be first to recycle once scrap goes up. Dozens of other rare coaches not for sale at any price will be present. So bring a camera, hang out, have fun, explore, and maybe lend a helping hand to another removing parts.

A large gas grill is being provided now and probably basic burgers/hotdogs. It will be available for use on site. There simply won't be enough hours in day to break and drive anywhere for food!

Darryl Thompson has offered to help deliver if needed with his personal use 50' trailer as time permits. Keep in mind he has a full time job and is not a professional transporter, merely offering to help other hobbyists out.

Comment

This is just so sad.

Comment

What sadness are you referring to..?

Comment

That this property is going away.

Comment

I am going to try to attend. It's awfully close to opening for our haunt but I badly need a windshield for our 72 MM Landau.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Date was chosen closest to Labor Day so those involved in haunt industry could attend. That was legit input brought up at Asheville meet. Hope you can make it.

Comment

Glimpse of what attendees will see. Footage from last get together.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I'm going to try and go up there for this. I'll also try and bring a generator and my plasma cutter plus a gang of tools. I won't have a car trailer but I can use Nikki's utility trailer to bring back stuff (like a spare rear end or 2, or the ass end of a finned car to make a couch out of, general stuff for art that isn't going to be useful for anything else).

Comment

Killer! How big is your plasma? Darryl has two generators as well. Think he plans on bringing a torch but everything surrounding would have to be pre-watered to bust that out. (Fairly certain Bert is going to need a torch removing a rear bumper.)

There should still be a big finned '57 DeSoto parts car there too Ganci. And keep your eyes open for automotive repurposed trophy bits.

Already mentioned on FB: Attendees are encouraged to drive hearses.

Comment

It's not huge, but it is self contained and can cut through 1/8" no problem, up to 1/4" with some patience.

I was thinking that my trip is mostly for future art projects and trophy stuffs, but you never know what kind of single parts I'll need for my shit.

Comment

Hella useful regardless. It'd be only plasma there and probably get a workout. Definitely worth having a spare set of tips for it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X