No announcement yet.

New,with excited questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite, but I sincerely hope that this ends here. I have no desire to continue the debate. I am however having alot of fun researching the coaches. Watching the evolution from the horse drawn to the horsepower is very interesting. And those Chinese hearses are nothing short of art.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldervampire View Post
      A history with speculation, is no longer a history.
      Not related to the topic at hand,

History tends to be speculation with facts sprinkled in to support whatever the author is claiming, and usually historians get away with it because anyone who can contradict them is long since dead. To say nothing of the subject of accreditation, which is used to silence dissent by creating arbitrary lines between "professionals" and "amateurs." It was the professionals, at a list of colleges & universities I won't go into, that were more concerned with getting people to memorize what they want them to believe, than to teach the critical thinking skills that would allow people to find their own answers, that convinced me I didn't want to teach after all. People would be surprised if they knew how much of "history" is easily disputed.

Comment

Originally posted by sgath92 View Post
        Not related to the topic at hand,

History tends to be speculation with facts sprinkled in to support whatever the author is claiming, and usually historians get away with it because anyone who can contradict them is long since dead. To say nothing of the subject of accreditation, which is used to silence dissent by creating arbitrary lines between "professionals" and "amateurs." It was the professionals, at a list of colleges & universities I won't go into, that were more concerned with getting people to memorize what they want them to believe, than to teach the critical thinking skills that would allow people to find their own answers, that convinced me I didn't want to teach after all. People would be surprised if they knew how much of "history" is easily disputed.
        Somebody (I can't recall who) once defined "History" as "an agreed upon pack of lies". What I'm getting from this is if you want a matching hearse and flower car, get the flower car first. You will have a much easier time matching a hearse to a flower car, than a flower car to a hearse. If you have both, and plan on driving them as a convoy, you won't have to worry about having a rear seat in the hearse.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
          Somebody (I can't recall who) once defined "History" as "an agreed upon pack of lies". What I'm getting from this is if you want a matching hearse and flower car, get the flower car first. You will have a much easier time matching a hearse to a flower car, than a flower car to a hearse. If you have both, and plan on driving them as a convoy, you won't have to worry about having a rear seat in the hearse.
          That was precisely what I was getting at while speaking to the wife. And I wouldn't be surprised to learn that that quote came from Ben Franklin. That sounds like something he'd say.

Comment

Wooooowwww..... From posts 27 through 31 it looks like a Google Rocket Scientist was born. There are several "highly knowledgeable" people in the procar world today. A few frequent this site to offer insight into others problems, sourcing of "wanted" items and also to enjoy fun conversation.

After reading the aforementioned posts, I was stuck at HOLY FUCKBALLS COUNT CHOCULA! Come on this forum starting with post #1 ~your words: "So I come here, with an eagerness to learn more about these wonderful motorized symbols of my fascination. And, hopefully, to obtain them in the near future.". Then go into challenging one of the top procar sourcers in the US? WTF? Eager to learn?

It would do you some justice to really go digging on this site, read posts, check out some profiles and then do a challenge post against someone being that you are a newbie here. In the vintage procar world, rareness of these coaches and the constant need of this or that for them, you may need a person in the future that you came off as douche to in the past. Especially if you plan on owning one.

Professional cars of vintage get harder and harder by the minute to find, that are obtainable. As for numbers, being that McPherson says, even if it's through Atti and the book that was written by McPherson, it is rude to come off as you did. Unless someone has made a living out of building, selling or collecting mass numbers of these coaches. Who the hell is anyone to question a number if being someone that has done none of the 3? Google will make a man a fool if he is not careful.

As for your spec of a 80's RWD flower car, GOOD LUCK! Those are rare creatures and
            $$$$ even if they are cancerous buckets that don't run. The bubble burster is, if one "did" come to market, be prepared for a bidding war with all the guys that want it to pair with a hearse they own. The 40 to 1 ratio is quite generous thinking when it comes to "survivors".

I know far from everything about these cars, but the things I do know are of fact. Why? Because I have owned 1 or 2 in my lifetime.

No one is too old to learn around these parts.... Just Say'n.

Comment

there's an early 80's flower car at a small car lot in Wickenburg, AZ that I drive by every once in a while. I think it was in good shape cosmetically and low miles when I looked at it about a year ago. Back then they wanted too much, around 17k, and they still might as it's still sitting there. If it's something you're interested in I could swing by and get their number next time I drive through that town.

Comment

This one has been popping up on and off for at least a year.

Comment

Working...
                X