Hearse Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse Glass

Anyone know of a master list for windshields for professional cars? I'm currently looking for a windshield for an 85 Caddy FWD Superior Sovereign. Its a low top, but I'm told its commercial glass. Original window made by Guardian. Previous home ordered the window twice and both times it was the wrong one. I am told the numbers on the passenger side lower corner are no help. So, where does one go from here? PM please if you have access to this type of info. Thanks.

Spent some time using the search function here on the site.

Comment

the number you are looking for should probably start with "DW." For instance, the windshield for the full size 80's model chassis is a DW 881. For your size, not sure. You can start by calling pilkington classics to see if they happen to know. i'll reach out to a couple of guys i know who have the smaller body coaches and see if their windshield has a part number.

Comment

another option you have is to pull the DOT number and look that up. It will be the manufacturer's code. Once you know the manufacturer, you can call and ask them what the part number might be. It's a long shot, but worth a few minutes to try.

Comment

Additionally, I believe there was only one commercial glass windshield used from '80-'92 (which very well could be '77-'92). While not all coaches had commercial glass, the likelihood of those that did being DW 881 is quite high.

Comment

True, you can always take some measurements and post them here for comparison.

Comment

Working...
            X