Looking for 93-96 hearse on Fleetwood Brogham chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 93-96 hearse on Fleetwood Brogham chassis

Looking to buy a reasonably priced Brougham coach in the Midwest. Does anyone know of of any professional car wholesalers in the MI, OH, IN, KY, or Ontario area? Please don't tell me C&W!

While on this subject, I see numerous examples of these cars with roof problems over the windshield. I assume that would indicate rust underneath. Can the top be economically repaired, or should I just not consider getting into that type of project? Thanks.

There are several Fleetwood Brougham currently available. In my experience, I'm going to head onto a limb here and state you not get into any 'project' based on numerous initial red flags:

1. "Reasonably priced" is subjective, although setting tone that you're a tight wad. If you didn't know, '93-'95 are seeing a resurgence with funeral directors being last of the big rear wheel drives once matched with crap new offerings available. Many are investing into renovating them again for service.
    2. "Professional car wholesaler", like you're incapable of looking around online, checking CL, differentiating prices - while giving illusion of expectation. I mean, even if you found a wholesaler, what makes you special that one would sell to you..?
    3. Carl's prices ARE reasonable and he's brutally honest about his coaches. If you think CW is high, this hobby is not for you.
    4. If you're seeing many coaches with roof rot, you're bottom feeding. You get what you pay for.
    5. "Economically repaired", there is a correct way and multiple half-ass repair methods. Although not mentioned, let's assume you're referring to a vinyl top. If the vinyl is good, you'll need an upholstery shop to remove (and hopefully save) it. Then a glazier needs to remove windshield before metal is welded/repaired/treated and process reversed. Add a grand if vinyl top needs replaced. Thinking that accomplishing this task on the cheap cements your logic as a tight wad. Buy a better coach to begin with unless super rare.
    6. Nobody else can answer what sort of project YOU should get into. Multiply exponentially for being a newb that nobody knows here, nor knows your skill set.

And you're welcome.

Comment

also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T BREAK THAT WINDSHIELD IF YOU TRY TO TAKE IT OUT to repair the roof issues.

Comment

Comparing prices on eBay, Carls prices are extremely fair.

Comment

What would you find to be a reasonably priced coach? 3k? 5k? 7k?

As far as hearse wholesalers, I think that you're just going to find retailers unless you're working on volume.

I've never done business with anybody that far north, but a quick googling got these:

New and used funeral limousines, flower cars, and hearses for sale.

A site I've never seen before: http://www.funeralcartrader.com/

And probably the best way other than ebay:

Economically repaired does mean different things to different people. If this coach is to be used for funerals, then my cheap fix of cut it out and weld new metal and paint over if probably won't work. Putting a new vinyl top on one of these things cannot possibly be done cheaply unless you do it yourself. For something like that, it might be cheaper in the long run to spend the money up front on a nicer coach without roof rot than to fix it after the fact for more money.

Chris (Psychoholic)

Comment

Working...
          X