Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got pulled over today!

So I got pulled over for the red lights on Alexi today -

Despite what you'd think, I rarely get pulled over in this car which is even for me, odd. You'd really think this would be a freaking cop magnet but half the time it's like the car is nearly invisible.

At any rate the cops were pretty cool, but they were of the opinion that the red lights were illegal, luckily Colorado has a state law that protects classic fire vehicles and ambulances and I carry that law printed out with me at all times. There was a little bit of a debate on it as to whether the vehicle still had historic value after the alterations but in the end I didn't end up getting a ticket (I have gotten a ticket for the red lights before but it was thrown out of court)

At any rate, the point here is that if you do have red or blue lights on your combination coaches you might want to spend some time looking up the laws and keep them with you. There is usually a clause protecting our types of vehicles, but it is usually buried under a bunch of other stuff that makes it look like you can't have red or blue lenses at all.

Interestingly enough, I haven't found anything that protects antique police cars!

Way to get em Zach. That is wise you keep this printed in the car. He only pulled you over, becaue he wanted a closer look at it.

Comment

yeah that was my concern with installing the siren. since mine isn't a combo, i doubt it would be protected. the plan is to not doing anything stupid with it, so maybe it won't be an issue

Comment

i was asked a roadcheck one night if i had wigwags i used the pcs line "why no thats not period correct" cop just looked at me funny

Comment

long video but full of usefull stuff

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and useless stuff also!!!!!!

Comment

I got pulled over one night and had the hearse searched. THe cop never asked or said a word about my siren or toggle swtiches. But he did ask about the flask of holy water I had in the glove box. I think he was disappointed that it wasn't boozes.
            Last edited by HearseHaunter; 01-10-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

You should have had the hot chicks on the hood blast that sucka!

Comment

DWP...drivin while pimpin....the man always tryin to keep us down!

Comment

Here in AZ, the law says that you can't have alternating red and blue lights. You can have a yellow flashing light, but only use it when needed to alert motorists to a hazard.

Read that carefully...does that say that you can't have flashing red lights? I don't see it that way, but the cop and the judge might.

I want a squawk box. They have some nice ones at Gall's, but I have to come up with some money somehow.

As for flashing yellow lights, get a magnet-mount one and keep it in your car. We had an emergency by a construction zone one time, a boat trailer brake problem, and ours was fucking up. As long as the light was working, people slowed down and paid attention. When it went out, I almost got run over, because people don't slow down. I guess there's a lot of night blindness going around, or maybe there are too many drivers getting a Lewinski under the steering wheel.

-denise

Comment

i got pulled over on the way to church for gunning it through a yellow. dick asked me if i had anybodys in the back i should have asked him if he had any donuts in his pocket

Comment

Originally posted by hearseballer View Post
                      i got pulled over on the way to church for gunning it through a yellow. dick asked me if i had anybodys in the back i should have asked him if he had any donuts in his pocket
                      Oh damn! That's good!

Comment

With my luck he would have replied with "Nope, but I gotta pocket full of tickets with your name on them".

Comment

Working...
                        X