83 Superior Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 Superior Question

I just bought a 1983 cadillac superior and it has the regular 4 windows for the regular 4 doors but it has two smaller windows behind the back 2...I haven't seen any other hearse's online with the smaller windows. Is my car missing something?

I found this one on ebay that looks like mine and it has something over where my two windows are. Can anyone help?

The windows look like they are supposed to be there from looking at the inside of the car so why would they put windows in a car to cover them up?

I'm new to the hearse community and could use some experienced input.
    Thanx,
    Crystal

is your car a superior or collins?

Comment

It's a superior.

Comment

landau windows?

So you have windows where there are usually " landau shields?" I've never seen that. Can you post pictures?

Comment

Actually, I've found some pictures of Collins models with the "landau windows" in the American Funeral Cars Book..... pretty cool. There is also a pic of a Superior-Cadillac Elite from 1990 with the small window.

Comment

superior called these opera windows generally found on late 70s - early 80s models
            here are a couple of examples
            Last edited by Dasvigo; 05-24-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you

Yup, mine looks like the
              1978 Superior Cadillac Regal Landaulet Hearse on that link you posted. Thank you so much. I am relieved that I don't have to add more to my parts list lol.
              I just started doing stained glass so i'm thinking of doing panels for them. I have a pattern of skeleton hands that might fit.

Comment

yes, some superiors do have the little windows on the side.

Comment

yep I have a sales broucher for sup around that year (81-83) and it shows the one with the side windows. I like those. It's differant than the regular Superiors

Comment

The brouchure I found lists it as a Superior Cadillac Sovereign Regal.

Comment

Working...
                    X