Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wedding gift

I need help...

My fiance has wanted a hearse for a very long time, and even though I don't understand it, I bought him one... he just doesn't know it yet. I plan on presenting it to him at the rehearsal dinner... which I'm sure will go over like a ton of bricks to anyone that's not him. But c'est la vie...

So this is what I bought...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250258221224

I guess I'm just looking for some general information about my purchase. And if you can't provide any info, maybe you can provide some good resources to find out more info. Where to find the original car manual to start?

Thank you for any help you can provide...

Cool wedding gift. There's a lot of info on the club websites here. You should try them.

Comment

Combo Ambulance / Hearse. (jump seats in the back). The 305 is probably a replacment motor. Don't think they had 305's in 62. Looks like all the glass is still there. Curved glass came be a pain to find. Could be a rare car. Cool looking coach. Check ebay for shop manuals or parts or www.USAPARTSSUPPLY.com Lots of caddy parts.

Comment

Yea.........the car has potential, hope your man is handy with cars. Looks like they butchered the hood, wonder how it opens with the exhaust coming out like that....spinning hubcaps got to go....305? wonder why someone would put that dog of a motor in that car, also wondering what tranny they are running with it then. Anyways, for 800 bucks i guess not a bad deal. Good luck with it......if you ever wanna let it go, post here first. Again, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
          Looks like they butchered the hood, wonder how it opens with the exhaust coming out like that....
          I'm not so sure the hood is even attached anymore. Almost looks like it was notched in the rear to clear the pipes and just set in place.

Be sure to refer you finace to the forum...lots of knowledge and assistance available here.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses! I also received this email today...

"From what I can see, you have acquired a Miller-Meteor "Futura" limousine. Four hearse versions were available as well as two ambulance versions and two "Duplex" combination cars with reversible floor that could serve either as a hearse or an ambulance. Yours appears to be one of the two "Duplex" models."

So I guess my search will continue to nail down exactly what it is, but at least I'm a little closer. It does look like they butchered a few things, but yes he is very mechanically inclined so it will be interesting to see what he can do. I was told this car was almost sold for scrap metal (rescued by the previous owner).

Thanks again for all your help... and I'll definitely direct him to the forum.

Comment

Give me a shout by email DALLASTROCARS atsign YAHOO dot COM . I have something he will need...

Comment

Not a bad looking car for the money. If he is handy he can have that cleaned up pretty easily. The front end is the "cadillac" end and he will have no problem replacing the hood and engine. The "hearse" end of things look pretty good, which is the harder end to fix.

This is for a '61. Phantom coaches didn't have the litarature listed for '62.

Welcome to Phantom Coaches Hearse Club

Comment

Heheheee... This was my one contribution to the Phantom Coaches library... Funny how these things come full circle...

TWISTEDOCTOR: You have an email...

Originally posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
                  Not a bad looking car for the money. If he is handy he can have that cleaned up pretty easily. The front end is the "cadillac" end and he will have no problem replacing the hood and engine. The "hearse" end of things look pretty good, which is the harder end to fix.

This is for a '61. Phantom coaches didn't have the litarature listed for '62.

http://www.phantomcoaches.org/saleslit.html

Comment

Congrats on the new car.

If things don't work out, will you marry me?

Comment

Working...
                    X