1975 dodge care-o-van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 dodge care-o-van

My dad bought this when I was pretty young, It has been laying around for at least 10 years. It has narrowly escaped the scrapper on more than one occasion. I am trying to find more information out about it. Possibly production numbers, maybe where do get parts such as the lights. The only thing I know about it is that it was made by the wayne corporation. any further help would be much appreciated.
    thanks

Found this about Superior Mopars......

Comment

I may be wrong, but the Wayne corp was Miller Meteor not Superior, so the tunnel lights may be the same found on lifeliners

Comment

problem is, is I have never seen anything even remotely close to it around here.

Is it illegal to have a fully funstional ambulance? One with sirens and lights?

Comment

Traffic control Device ownership and usage is strictly controlled and require permits. The laws governing and obtaining these permits vary from state to state. Although depending on your state you may be able to get away with it as long as your fully functional ambulance is considered an antique or collectible. But would also require your rig to be almost completely restored. The lights and such you would have to acquire from scrap meets, junkyards, and eBay. Just know the size, shape or type you need and you should be able to find some that will work for your project. They began making ambulances outta vans and box vans like yours commonly in the 70's so its far from impossible to find the lights you want. Even some school bus lights may fit. Most vans and modular ambulances are not desired by collectors and restorers so the parts and accessories you need you will probably have to do some hunting to find them. Scour junkyards and such. I know here in the southeast you can find old non car-chassis ambulances sitten around alot in rural areas.

Comment

Problem is, is I dont even know what style the lights where like in this thing, I have never seen a picture of another.

Comment

well from your picture I'm going to have to say round and red, just measure the circumference of them and your hunt can begin.
              It looks like you have alot of work on your hands as far as restoring it. Get the mechanical, electrical and body worked out before you start worrying about the bells and whistles.

Comment

http://spokane.en.craigslist.org/car/725794868.html
                one 74 dodge ambulance for sale, check out this site for other 70s rigs like dodge and chevy vans and suburbans with similar if not the same lights, http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/ms.cgi?...&ye=&submit=go
                Thanks to the Boogeyman of Dallas trocars for sucdh a cool link

Comment

Thanks, that is a pretty good link. I already have an engine and trans for it. I am more worried about getting it running than I am about diong any body work right now.

Comment

Cool, being able to drive it is always the best part, and imo bodywork is the most painstaking, btw where you located spoolin?

Comment

I am in council bluffs IA. I am more of a body man than I am a mechanic, but this is a HUGE project to undertake body wise.

Comment

Ah wish you were closer to GA, anyways heres a Wayne Amblulance Brochure on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                        X