Gas Tank Filler neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Tank Filler neck?

Hey......I got a stupid question............

Can anyone tell me why the Gas tank filler neck is positioned behind/inside the left rear tail light housing?

How did Cadillac intend for owner's to access it?

Are we supposed to have complete set of power tools/screw drivers handy whenever we pull into a gas station?

I own a 56' Hearse, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of mechanism to within the rear tail light housing designed to assist in accessing the filler neck.

How is this done?

-------kitkong

To the best of my knowledge, the tail light housing flips up, it is suppose to be hinged at the top.....same for the 55 cad and the 57 chevy. If it doesn't flip up it may be bent or rusted, just a little TLC should get it functioning properly....

Comment

Thank you my friend!

I will indeed try that...............Honestly, I thought that was how they designed it........but it wouldn't budge when I tried it......none the less.....we will administer first aid with some WD-40

THANK YOU!!!

------kitkong

Comment

Originally posted by Elvirathehearse View Post
        To the best of my knowledge, the tail light housing flips up, it is suppose to be hinged at the top.....same for the 55 cad and the 57 chevy. If it doesn't flip up it may be bent or rusted, just a little TLC should get it functioning properly....
        Well,......you were right!!
        It turns out that those little red reflector dots that are part of the tail light set up, the left one is a button.

I hadn't realized this..........a little lubing up, and it opened right up,.just like you said!!

Thank you Again!!!

--------kitkong

Comment

Your welcome......General Motors had a cool idea with the hideaway fill neck, they should have kept it all along.....in my opinion...LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X