Need your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinions

so i'm going on a road trip this weekend. it should be about a 5 hour drive one way.

my traveling partner is a bit... unhappy with the rules i set out for our trip. what i want to know is whether or not i'm being unreasonable.

here are the rules:

no eating in the coach
    drinking water only - nothing with color or sugar allowed
    no coloring - i don't need markers, color pencils, or waxy crayon residue on the upholstery.

i want to keep the interior looking nice. i would rather not take any chances. i explained to her that if we were taking a daily driver - things would be different.

am i being too harsh; or is it my coach, my gas money, and my rules?

Those aren't unfair rules at all. Sure, it could be annoying not being able to eat in the car, but a car like yours should be treated with respect (I'm assuming you're taking Abigail). I myself have made those rules before in the past, so I understand. And once I get Lily down here, I'll probably do the same.

Comment

Just like from Transporter 2:

Rule 1: Respect the man
      Rule 2: Respect the man's car

Or something along those lines

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me. I got my wife a portable DVD player, with headphones for road trips. It keeps her from annoying the driver.

Comment

I'm assuming your passenger is an adult, if so your rules aren't to strict and reasonable.
          If it's your niece, then maybe it's kind of hard to explain to her in terms she can understand.
          You can always invest in some rubber sheets. Don't forget the depends.

Comment

Don't forget the depends.
            Yes Depends are very important, don't want anyone shitting their pants in your car.

Comment

ok, maybe they just need to ride in the back. anyone got a first call cot i can borrow?

Comment

When I was about 14, we had just gotten a family car that was only a couple of years old, a Delta 88 with cloth seats. Since we bought it from my rich grandmother, it smelled like good perfume, so she asked that nobody fart in the car. Too late! I was just in the process of slipping out a silent but deadly one, and I don't think I could have held it back to Dallas.

So, I would say that "no farting" is an unreasonable rule, but for anything else, it's your car. Leaking pens and sodas have been the worst spills for me.

Comment

Your ride, your rules. They don't like it, then they need to find another means of transportation.

Comment

Agreed - your ride, your rules. If the passenger is on the young side, just make sure they have what is acceptable to keep themselves entertained. See if you can schedule a stop in for a food break.

The one thing I'm really picky on is no feet on the carpet (especially the tranny hump). I have mats in there for a reason and I don't want the carpet thread to be worn.

Comment

Working...
                    X