Drivning casket, one I haven't seen before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivning casket, one I haven't seen before

I guess that would work, chopping up a riding lawnmower & attaching it to a casket. But the mower only had a top speed of 5 mph, I would want something faster.
    I have a riding mower in pieces with the same Briggs & Stratton 12.5 HP engine, maybe I should do the same - Not!

Comment

Hey I'm not saying I agree with it either, as I've seen much better jobs. However it exists and should be mentioned, if only to serve as a warning to others. IMO it's a waste of a good casket.

At least be innovative with it. Put some skis on it and go sledding or something. Do something different that I haven't seen before. I've seen two other casket carts, one in person in Hell two years ago.

Comment

It's a good attempt, that I agree with.
        What is up with the pall barer handles on one side only tho?

I've designed one with a 4 cylinder motorcycle engine, now I need to build it. Lacking funds and 1 casket, got everything else.

Comment

Casket motorcycle... no

Now casket side car, there's an idea. I'm not talking hearse bed sidecar either. Or make it rocket propelled! Or make a rocket propelled casket sidecar that you disconnect and engage by remote, either with or without passenger. To each their own though.

Comment

Looks like the handles were on both sides and then removed (both sides maybe). I think if he went this far he should have installed the mower deck and used it to mow his yard.

Comment

No, it would be 4 wheeled. I'm using the motorcycle engine, tranny & some other components to make a casket car.
              I just want something faster than a lawnmower/go cart engine & if all goes well, I'm trying to make it street legal. Already spoke with the local DMV & got all the requirements on building your own street legal vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by kaptinkaos View Post
                No, it would be 4 wheeled. I'm using the motorcycle engine, tranny & some other components to make a casket car.
                I just want something faster than a lawnmower/go cart engine & if all goes well, I'm trying to make it street legal. Already spoke with the local DMV & got all the requirements on building your own street legal vehicle.
                Now THAT would be cool, and original

Comment

I hope it is, using a Suzuki 850 that was in an accident, engine & tranny are fine, but the rest of the bike wasn't so lucky. I'm hoping to have it done by end of next year.
                  A few motorcycle shops estimate the top speed of the heavier, 4 wheeled version would push 150 mph. The bike is governed at 220 mph. I am rebuilding the engine & souping it up with the street kit & I'm removing the governer. I don't plan to ever go that fast in a casket, but I still want the ability too.

Comment

I think mine is a bit faster.... What do you think?

Comment

It is, you should add it to the members page on the KFC site.
                      I've told people about it, but they want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaptinkaos View Post
                        It is, you should add it to the members page on the KFC site.
                        I've told people about it, but they want to see it.
                        I'm shooting for the Halloween morning on 3tv, You guys are still doing that correct? Right now the motor is fightin me tooth and nail.

Comment

So far we are set for 3TV, I will get the full confirmation done at the end of the month & the requirements/requests in October.

Comment

I've built a few downhill coffin racers. Don't laugh...my first one reached 50 mph or better, as the Trocars can tell you. The open cockpit one, which crashed twice, threw me out and knocked me out cold on my last and final race, is partially responsible for my pain and disability. Whatever you build, build safely. I never thought I would say that, , but I never thought I would live my life semi-conscious on opiates either.

-denise

Comment

I still have my half finished coffin racer. I should finish it one of these days but there are no hills near me to test it on.

The vehicle I plan on building is safe with full roll cage under the body & a loop over the driver. Hopefully I won't need to test any of the safety equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X