500ci, what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500ci, what's it worth?

What's a decent running 1975 500ci Caddy motor worth? Someone wants to buy the motor out of my 75 S&S, just wanna make sure I sell my self short.

It should be worth $20. I'll give you $25. lol

Comment

"I'd buy that for a dollar"

Comment

I know you asked in seriousness...

It's worth only what someone is willing to pay.
        My advise: Add 500 bucks to what you think it's worth and let the potential buyer negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by STODD View Post
          I know you asked in seriousness...

It's worth only what someone is willing to pay.
          My advise: Add 500 bucks to what you think it's worth and let the potential buyer negotiate.

Add $500 for just a motor? Sheesh!

Comment

See the "Parting out a 75 S&S" post in the pro-cars for sale section for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kinee View Post
              Add $500 for just a motor? Sheesh!
              No, not just a motor, a 500 inch caddy mil. They are becoming more and more popular with the drag racing crowd, among others, case and point, the air boater that wants to buy Riff Raff's.

And as I said, "let the buyer negotiate."

Comment

The 74 parts car I have has 16,000 original miles on it and the redneck that had it before me yanked the 472 out of it to put in a camaro to go drag racing. 3 weeks later he blew the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  The 74 parts car I have has 16,000 original miles on it and the redneck that had it before me yanked the 472 out of it to put in a camaro to go drag racing. 3 weeks later he blew the motor.

Ugggh

Comment

A 500 is worth about $500 generally if it is a nonsmog motor. Realistically though, I don't know why everyone gets so wet over a motor with the compression of a 500. The 69-71 472s actually have an ass ton more power, but people just read the numbers and go nuts over the 500.

Comment

Considering that no-smog motor was only made in 1970, and only for the Eldo, I wouldn't let one go for less than a grand. Any other 500, I would sell for $500.

If I were the buyer, I would go through the engine before I installed it, but that's only because I don't enjoy installing engines, and I don't normally do it more than once. Any used engine is a core, to me.

I'm also very fond of 425 lower pulleys when I'm installing a $500 500, so if you're junking a 425, be sure to grab the pulley and timing pointer for me.

-denise

Comment

In France, a 500ci is sold by professionnal (thieves) around 1500€ ( ~ 2000 $ ) when you're lucky ! it can jump to 3000 !

Comment

Cadillac Performance Parts has a build on the 500 that is a 10.0:1 compression 0.030 over with forged pistons N/A. they port the stock iron heads and run a comp cam 232.236 degrees of duration at 0.050 and .550 inch valve lift. the end result is a 500Hp/600 Lb of torque. The part i love is the motor puts out 500 torque at 1,800 rpm. One day I'd like to get my hands on a caddy 500.

Comment

Originally posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
                            The part i love is the motor puts out 500 torque at 1,800 rpm. One day I'd like to get my hands on a caddy 500.
                            it's quite easy to find ! more in the usa, no ?!

Comment

D'accord, but the heads without smog rails are worth a lot, and sold only in 1970. Pistons, cranks, rear sump oil pans and pulleys and brackets from these engines are valuable.

-denise

Comment

Working...
                              X