PCS Meet in Mt Laurel NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS Meet in Mt Laurel NJ

IS anyone from these boards even going to this show tomorrow? I am feeling that the wolves may attack when I get there and I need some cover(or at least a meat shield).

Well I went and it wasn't the best reception for me. there were a few nice people but I really only went for the cars...not the people anyways, lol. A local news reporter was there and I talked to her for a few minutes but I think because I was wearing make-up the general group told her to not let me on the actual newsreel, lol.

Here is the video.

I really LOVE how they made her say that there are "certain clubs" that are morbid based but they are not one of them. I wore my NHAA patch all day and wore it proudly on my sleeve. Gotta represent. I even talked to a local guy who they would not let in the showfield because he did not know of the "no coffin" rule. He was just a local guy and they really disheartened him. I may be buying his coach as a back-up for mine though, lol.

I took over 120 photos so when I get a gallery up I will let everyone know.

Comment

OK here is the photogallery(my god it took forever to resize everything. Its like 3 pages and has some good shots! Here is the link and password:

Password: VisualKei
      http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20Meet%202008/

I didn't bring my pro-car but I got a front row parking space in my Lethal Lincoln.
      Last edited by Bob Kinee; 08-11-2008, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Bob,
        Thanks for posting these on both boards. I actually missed shooting the LWB 57 Chevy and a few other cars. Now to wade through and crop and resize all my pics after a 10 hour drive home yesterday. The 57 SWB Chevy was a Comet Jr, the LWB car was at first thought a National but after doing some studying Im leaning towards a Memphian..Will post my views on cars in a day or 2.
        Cary L

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kinee View Post
          I really LOVE how they made her say that there are "certain clubs" that are morbid based but they are not one of them. I wore my NHAA patch all day and wore it proudly on my sleeve. Gotta represent. I even talked to a local guy who they would not let in the showfield because he did not know of the "no coffin" rule. He was just a local guy and they really disheartened him. I may be buying his coach as a back-up for mine though, lol.
          Another reason I hate the POS PCS

Although I'm sure not all their members are dicks, the ones that are tend to ruin the bunch.

Comment

looks like there were lots of pretty awesome coaches there

oh, i'm noticed one of those cars had a casket - isn't that like a *huuuge* no-no with the PCS? why didn't they run him out of the show?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
              looks like there were lots of pretty awesome coaches there

oh, i'm noticed one of those cars had a casket - isn't that like a *huuuge* no-no with the PCS? why didn't they run him out of the show?

Apparently you didn't read my message with the pics post, lol. Even Scary Guy qouted it...

They didn't let him in, and he was a newbie who had no idea...so he was in the parking lot next to me BSing. I may end up buying that car also but don't want the toe-pincher in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kinee View Post
                Apparently you didn't read my message with the pics post, lol. Even Scary Guy qouted it...

They didn't let him in, and he was a newbie who had no idea...
                But you said that they wouldn't let him IN the show, not that they ran him OUT. There is a bit of a difference there. So they also ran someone else out aside from not letting the newbie in?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                  But you said that they wouldn't let him IN the show, not that they ran him OUT. There is a bit of a difference there. So they also ran someone else out aside from not letting the newbie in?

Now you got me confused now. No I am talking about the same guy both times. They wouldn't let him into the show...which in turn turned him off from the club.

In any event I may be buying the car off of him, lol. So in the end it may of been better for me, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                    What he says leads one to assume that they let him in and then ran him off later when they saw the casket. What you say is they didn't even let him in at all.

This is probably the casket in question.

Side view of casket in question

I can understand no skulls, bats, or other halloween related things. However hearses and caskets are like bread and butter, they just go together. Not to mention I see no shortage of medical cots which IMO aren't much better. No one has died in a casket (unless they were buried/cremated alive) however lots of people die on cots EVERY DAY. If they really want to be uppity about things they need to stop contradicting themselves.

I know that I'm here but those guys really just get under my skin. They're kind of like scabies
                    Last edited by Scary Guy; 08-11-2008, 09:42 PM. Reason: Fixing mistakes

Comment

The third pic is a different car from the first two. The one in question is correct in the first two photos. Its was a 65-68 S&S endloader with 3-way doors. The third pic you posted is an ambulance. Note the doors and the color of the car. Here is a sideshot of the actual car that was not allowed onto the showfield:

Comment

Right, my mistake, grabbed the wrong JPG image (not really but lets go with that, it was early (for me) and we all make mistakes, lets move on).

This also answers my question, the pictures weren't taken on the show field, but he set up close by.

I still think it's complete bullshit that he wants to get out of it now. If he's deterred that easily he's a pussy. He should keep it and either join or start a club that allows caskets, modifications, and whatever else people want to do with them. I admit I don't like everything that I see done (lifting them is stupid in my eyes, among other things), but I'm not completely against it.

Comment

LOL, I see your points. I actually tried starting a hearse/ambulance/limo club up here in this area for like minded folk(Dead Ends up North) but I failed miserably.

I am happy though if I get this car off of him. I really see a lot of potential in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X