Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here!

Hello All!

First off great site, been lerking for a little while now. A little about me, Im married, have a baby boy and am currently in the market for a hearse. I live in MI and it seems to be kinda tough to locate a decent hearse. I found a 89 caddy s&s for sale, but it has 138K miles and the back door has holes in it from rust, Im thinking finding a door wont be easy. id perfer to find a 60's or 70's caddy if possible but travel isnt to much of an option with the baby and work so Im limited in my search. Anyone have any info on a 89 caddy victoria s&s, Is the motor good? anything that goes bad on them? Well sorry for rambling on and on, but my wife is sick of hearing me talk about it so I thought Id find people (this is where you all come in) that would understand. I look forward to talking to all you knowledgable people in the future.

Thanks for any help,

Alpine

That was kind of a short post, actually. Welcome aboard!

I own a 76, and I don't know about the whole door, but the windscreen cost me $900 installed four years ago, and the rear window has been unobtainable, and will probably have to be made from Lexan.

You could consult a body shop about whether or not the door might be repaired by a patch weld. I'm not crazy about the emissions systems of some of the GM cars around that year, unless it has the 350 TBI engine, which is a decent truck motor. We had 168,000 miles on our truck with that engine, and it ran flawlessly with solid hot idle oil pressure, until I made the mistake of not driving it for three years, then I clogged up the fuel system and the rear main seal started douching. If it has been driven regularly and it has that engine, and it checks out mechanically, I wouldn't mind having one.

-denise

Comment

Welcome. Rust is pretty much typical on all coaches. Bottoms of doors, under vinyl top etc. Just how much is too much rust is up to you. Our first hearse is a 91 S&S Victoria, we got on eBay. Our 2nd is a 80 S&S Victoria, 368 6.0L. Not the best big block Caddi motor. And our 3rd is a 90 Eureka. The 90 and 91 have a fiberglass rear on them, so no rust problem, and Motors built be GM. A 5.0L in the 91 and a 5.7L 350 in the 90. Trans. seems to wear out quicker in hearses because of the extra weight. Our 80 weighs 7000lbs. and the 90 and 91 are 5900lbs. Glass can be hard to find also. It is taller than a stock Caddi. I'm not trying to scare you off from buying a coach. It's just better to know what to look for when you get ready to buy. Good Luck and welcome again.

Comment

Start looking here:

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cg...&state=&ys=&ye=

Comment

I am looking to possibly trade my coach for a 64 caddy coupe in great shape.

Comment

Hey a local guy!

Well my friend Fats is selling his 89 lincoln which is in really good condition. I'll PM you his # if you want. Here's a photo. Actually the first two photos

Comment

Working...
            X