What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

I'm looking to buy another '69 and have received some pics of under carriage. Would you guys/gals mind taking a look at see if you see anything I should be concerned with?

Thanks

Here's the link

The midshaft bearing rubber looks to be pretty well shot - not a terrible replacement.

This one is a bit off - maybe you can elaborate on it for us:

Most of the other rust looks very surface and none threatening, but that looks actually pitted where the bump stop is and since the leaf springs spread the torsion load with that being the central point of the arc, that would be a bad structural place to have super weak metal.

Otherwise it looks about like any other solid coach to me.

Comment

The coach is about 6 hours away. These pics were taken and sent to me. Trying to get as much info/input before hauling a 20' trailer 6 hours one way to find I'm making a huge mistake.

Comment

Any friends closer that can inspect it for you? If it is within an hour of Austin I'd lend a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
          Any friends closer that can inspect it for you? If it is within an hour of Austin I'd lend a hand.
          Unfortunately no, and I appreciate your offer.

Comment

Call me dude! Looks like it's pretty solid except for that carrier bearing. All in all, looks good!

Comment

Working...
            X