72 fuel door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 fuel door

I saw a 72 hearse for sale on Ebay that had the gas fill door on the side, I THOUGHT all 72s were on the rear, Guess I was wrong?

I think it was a matter left to the coach companies. I think Superior had their fuel door in the rear in '72. My '72 S&S has the fuel door in the left quarter panel

Comment

Cool, thought I was seeing things, must be a S&S for sale then, didnt notice, thought They were all rear doors. Thanks, Ray

Comment

Yes, the commercial chassis was the only Cadillac in those years that came with a short nipple for a custom filler hose. All other models had the neck welded on.

Incidentally, for those of you who said that my PVC gas filler pipe assembly would immediately start leaking, it has been on there for 4-5 years without any trouble. Although most people have a metal filler hose made by an exhaust shop, you can put one together out of PVC, with the right bends, and attach it to the nipples with short pieces of Napa filler hose (Which is expensive shit, so don't undercut it).

-denise

Comment

Working...
        X