Car Cover Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Cover Question

I have a question. I need a cover for my hearse. I found something that I think might work, but I'd rather hear what you guys think first. Do you think a cover that is 230"Lx 80"Wx 68"H would fit properly?

I bought a car cover that claimed to fit hearses up to 21 feet long, and it doesn't even come close to fitting my coach. As a matter of fact I tore a hole in it trying to stretch it over my '64 Mercury Monterey. Be careful what you buy & ask lots of questions before you buy. Hopefully someone else will chime in & give you a good source for a vendor!

Comment

My friend has a boat cover for her 87 hearse. It's actually a little to big. The only company I heard is good is California Car Covers and they are not cheap. They custom make the cover.

Comment

I have the one i bought for my wife's 84 superior still. it fit that car perfectly. it also covers my impala, my 69 buick electra 225 convertible, and its way too big for a 53 chevy. we got it at wal mart for like 25-30 bucks. it's the large suv cover.

Comment

Interesting. I did see a cover that said it would fit a caddy hearse, but it was way too much for me to spend just to take a chance on it. The cover I'm considering is made to fit a Chevy Suburban. Maybe if I get a chance today, I'll stop by Walmart and see if they have any large SUV covers.

Comment

I had mine custom made. Don't remember right off the top of my head who it was but I could look it up. You had many choices in materials depending on where you lived and what you were trying to protect against. I had to send them a ton of measurements but it fits like a glove, it wasn't cheap, I think between 3 and 4 hundred but its great.

Comment

I had to buy an RV cover for my 74 Cadillac coach because I couldn't find any covers for a 22' long car, SUVs have not been made that big.
              I ended up looking up SUV measurements online to try and find something comparable in size. If your coach isn't as large as mine, that'll probably work for finding an SUV cover that will be a reasonably close fit.
              The cover I got is pretty quality, has vents to allow moisture to escape (since I live in Houston, mold could be a problem otherwise), for $225ish.
              Good luck!

Comment

I believe my hearse is a little over 20'. The main reason I need to get a cover is because when I move up to Georgia, she's going to be my daily driver for a little while until I can get another car, and I don't want anyone not hiring me because of my hearse. Basically, I don't want anything happening to me like what happened to C.C.W. on here. At least if I cover it, they won't be able to say much just incase they're jerks about it.

Comment

Definitely, better safe than sorry, especially in a new place. I know that some of the older Suburbans (and possibly Escalades) were in the neighborhood of 20'. Have a look around online, you should be able to find something made for an SUV to fit it.
                  I got mine through JC Whitney, they were pretty helpful and the cover is high-quality.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll probably go ahead and get the large SUV one when I can.

Comment

Working...
                    X