No announcement yet.

Buying a 1969 Cadillac hearse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pfft, thief! Now I am forced to buy one off eBay!

But fine. Edna will be happier with an orignal '69 shop manual anyway.

She better be. xD

Comment

This is my 69 Miller Meteor. 69 is one of my favorite year Cadillac.

Comment

Fuel....caution remember the leaded unleaded rule

No no no do not put premium in the hearse right away. First check to make sure that you don't have to put lead in with the gas. Most hearses came unleaded but remember before 1976 some cars still came leaded. check the fuel gauge and if it says unleaded then you can put unleaded fuel but if its been sitting for awhile the rings and seals would need time to swell back up and buy adding premium it would give you higher compression possibly causing your seals to maybe leak so what I would do is put regular fuel in it to start and maybe some Lucas fuel stabilizer and after you put about 100 miles on her then do what you want. Now if it doesn’t read unleaded fuel by the fuel gauge then that means you need to add lead which is nothing. You just simply go to auto zone and buy it, its like $13 and will last you 100 to 300 gallons. Every time you fill up just add a little. More then likely the hearse has a 472 which is 10.5 to 1 compression with a bore of 4.30 and a stroke of 4.06 adding unleaded fuel would not do any harm. This is not a race car so by adding premium all the time you will not tell the difference in performance. Now I would put premium fuel in every maybe 5 fill ups being that the higher the compression the hotter the fuel burns meaning it would burn away some of the piled up gunk but to add premium all the time would kill your pocket book and is not necessary. I have purchased at least 3 pre 76 Cadillacs that required me adding lead to the fuel.

Comment

Damn I love the way 69's look. Its like the 59 for broke people who cant afford a 59. In my book they look just fine

Comment

Thanks Dead Society, I wrote that down so I won't forget.

Comment

And she's beautiful, LMS. I don't know exactly what my '69 is yet; not sure if she's a M+M, or a Crown, or a Superior. Didn't get to talk to the guy in depth like I plan to on Thursday.

I want to get her glossy black as soon as possible, after I fix the body if there are any big problems, but I like the flat black too.

Comment

hearse

Again I have yet to own this make but I like the crowns because of the nice chrome strip that wraps around the roof and I like how they are half vinyl and metal roof. Also if anyone is looking to buy a hearse or do some trading I have a nice rust free 1989 Lincoln with 20' rims and a 95 Cadillac on 22' rims. For more info I have them listed under hearse on craigslist under Michigan, metro Detroit section.

Comment

I lifted an 89 Cadillac and put 48' mud swampers on it my next project is to lift an 67-69 Cadillac here is a couple of pics of the 89 I built

Comment

The 70 manual would be damn close as they are basically the same vehicle..... that's why I bought STODD's 70 manual.
                    Dude that's COLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Society View Post
                      I lifted an 89 Cadillac and put 48' mud swampers on it my next project is to lift an 67-69 Cadillac here is a couple of pics of the 89 I built
                      You mean Jim lifted and you bought :P

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                        Dude that's COLD!!!

LOL. Right?! Oh well, I am slow, sometimes, and he beat me to it.

Comment

Who do you think paid for everything and found everything remember before I got it it had a blazer frame and 35' tires and it was a Buick. I put a 9' lift and a suburban frame under it. Then I put 48' tires just because I didn't do the labor doesn't mean its not mine. Hows my hearse driving the one you drive now

Comment

All I have is a 75 manual supplement for my 76, which was a gift. It is surprising how much info there is in that little book, but I use it mainly for the wiring diagrams, which seem to be the same. I think that these two years were very similar, except for the Hydraboost, which I've already gone through. I have other books for the engine.

I only paid about $6 for the manual for my Chrysler, and about $3 for the electrical book on Ebay, as I recall, but maybe there are fewer Chryslers out there than Cadillacs. Shop shop!

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
                              All I have is a 75 manual supplement for my 76, which was a gift. It is surprising how much info there is in that little book, but I use it mainly for the wiring diagrams, which seem to be the same. I think that these two years were very similar, except for the Hydraboost, which I've already gone through. I have other books for the engine.

I only paid about $6 for the manual for my Chrysler, and about $3 for the electrical book on Ebay, as I recall, but maybe there are fewer Chryslers out there than Cadillacs. Shop shop!

-denise

eBay has two 1969 Cadillac shop manuals; and one is $59, and one is $46 -- both of those without shipping. ! But someone I know knows the person selling the $46 one, so I'm gonna see if I can get it for cheaper. If not, time to hit the used bookstores! Are there any other manuals you reccommend looking for and buying?

Comment

If you are looking to save a few bucks and don't mind not having a physical book. There are authorized gm reproductions of these shop manuals in .pdf form on a cd for around $25-$30 on ebay all the time. For this price you not only get the shop manual but you also get the body manual as well.

I have the shop manual for '72 and i have to keep stuffing the pages that fall out back into the book. The bindings on these books are not the greatest and they start to fall apart with age.

Comment

Working...
                                X