hearse seller to beware of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearse seller to beware of

I have noticed there are a few people that multiple members have had bad experiences with trying to buy a procar. I think we should start a list of people to beware of. This might be helpful to someone that is looking for/at a procar, now or in the future. I have a few, but I want to hear some opinions before I post them.

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
    I have noticed there are a few people that multiple members have had bad experiences with trying to buy a procar. I think we should start a list of people to beware of. This might be helpful to someone that is looking for/at a procar, now or in the future. I have a few, but I want to hear some opinions before I post them.
    Caveat emptor is always a good idea when making a used car purchase.

I think it's a good idea, and I also like to see positive experiences if the individual has multiple vehicles or sells frequently.

Comment

I also like to see positive experiences if the individual has multiple vehicles or sells frequently.
      I didn't think about that, but sounds better than what I had.

Comment

Stay away from Dickskars a seller on Ebay.

Dick Lynch is his name out of Washington Court House Ohio. Got me for $7000.00- $10,000.00. I don't know the exact amount. Trying to sell a 1960 Buick Flxible Flxette. for 6500.00

He runs an antique car and u-haul rental business (good combo) and some of the locals up that way have told me he is shadey and had some bad dealings with him as well.

I bought the car with the agreement that storage would be free. He then charged me 10 dollars a day or I would loose the car. He agreed to making payments on the car and then later he refused to let the car go unless he got 500 in interest. He dodges calls, and does anything he can to get you to mess up so he can reclaim the car you bought. He then lied and told me the car was detroyed thinking I wouldn't want it. When I did he later told me he gave it away. they a week later tried to tell me the guy who got it wanted 3000 for it and he would be the middle man.

Comment

I cannot say enough good about Doug Scott. I always look back there to see if he gets his hands on another I need to aquire because I know what he sells will be well represented and what he claims to have fixed will be done properly.

Comment

I think you have to be careful with liability issues with stuff like this. I sure wouldn't want to see someone who has helped me out so much get into trouble.

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
              I think you have to be careful with liability issues with stuff like this. I sure wouldn't want to see someone who has helped me out so much get into trouble.

-denise
              As long as what you say is true (and you can prove it) you can't be sued for it, from what I understand. Freedom of speech is awesome though since if you start or end anything with "in my opinion" you should be good to go.

Then again, I'm no expert.

Comment

IANAL. Getting sued is not fun whether you win or lose, though.

I bought the car with the agreement that storage would be free. He then charged me 10 dollars a day or I would loose the car. He agreed to making payments on the car and then later he refused to let the car go unless he got 500 in interest.
                Was this a verbal, or signed agreement? Judge Wapner has been credited with saying, "A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on." A notarized fax goes further if you're buying the car remotely. I just don't trust any human being anymore.

-denise

Comment

Working...
                X