Products you'd recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products you'd recommend

Like the name says, any products you swear by list them here.

Eagle One Never-dull is awesome stuff for cleaning chrome and shining it up nice. Gets rid of oxidization as well although if it has already begun pitting you're still screwed.

Lava soap is neat as well.

There's this other stuff called "Wizards Shine Master/Metal Renew", comes in a white bottle. Stuff works like magic but it can't fix everything.
    http://www.wizardsproducts.com is the URL for it (I had to dig for it a bit).
    This however http://www.whitewizardproducts.com is not what I'm thinking of. I'm not sure how good that works though.
    Last edited by Scary Guy; 10-18-2009, 08:04 AM. Reason: Found the name of the correct product and the website.

There is a motorcycle spray cleaner that honda dealerships (and some harley dealerships) carry that does wonders on chrome and paint that comes in a black and white spray can.. I can't think of the name now but I'll repost

Comment

Dell Metal Polish

This polish is absolutely amazing! I use it on everything, Chrome and stainless and Even on plastic(lenses & such). You will not be dissappointed. It's the absolute Best Polish available and very affordable. I've used it for years and will not use anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
        There is a motorcycle spray cleaner that honda dealerships (and some harley dealerships) carry that does wonders on chrome and paint that comes in a black and white spray can.. I can't think of the name now but I'll repost

I use that Honda cleaner at shows because it is designed to be used on all surfaces - paint, chrome, glass, etc. They changed the formula a while ago and it didn't work as good, so they have started to bring the old formula back - kinda like the whole old coke, new coke deal. I believe the cans will say if it is the original formula or not, although some believe the old formula will never return and buy cans of the real original on ebay. Just search ebay for "honda cleaner".

Comment

I heard that Harley Davidson dealers carry one that is also fantastic for chrome. I plan to check that out soon. I have been looking for something as I have been giving SERIOUS considering to some hot chrome spoked wheels.

I personally will be using Formula 303 protectant on my new top (I pick her up today) as I know from canvas tops their canvas protectant is amazing. I will post details on how that goes.

I do however LOVE Vinylex for any interior vinyl and plastic. Unlike Armor-All it PROTECTS your surfaces.

I hear Leatherique is about the best thing out there for leather from multiple high end car detailers. The only issue is that it takes a day to apply. You add one part, close her up and let her bake in the sun, then mop that up and put on your "dressing" at the end. I had been waiting to get my top sorted before messing with this one, but I will let you know how it goes. 1990 original leather and I KNOW there is smoke in there from the ash tray when I got it, though I do not have any lingering odor.

For tires oddly enough I reccomend you scrub them with Soft Scrub and a brush before dressing them. This will remove all the old crap from them. This is QUITE evident if you have white walls. After that I use Armor all Tire Foam if I am in a rush (lame I know) or if I want it looking it's best I use Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss tire dressing. It smells like grape candy and lasts longer than anything else I have found. Oh, and it applies best with an old sock.

I find having all black cars to have real need for a good wax. I am still switching it up as I now have the PERFECT car to test on. I have been known to wax both sides of my hood with 2 different waxes to judge the difference. Again, I will post results when I find anything notable.

Comment

Working...
          X