4 door 57 Chevy wagons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 door 57 Chevy wagons.

The only way for a 57 Chevy to be a 4 door wagon was a conversion by national, or sombody else correct?

Reason I ask, I saw a light brown and cream 2 tone 57 4 door wagon, on a trailer stuck in traffic trying to head down 95 south in and around Springfield VA.

I didn't get a pic because a buddy was driving and didn't see the back doors untill it was too late.

Actually, 4 door wagons were a part of the Bel Air (Bottom) and 210 line (middle), but I'm not sure about the 150. The 150 was the economy series, and most likely came in the two door only. These are standard wheelbase, however. National, and others would stretch the 4 door wagon for ambulance, service car, and funeral coach work.

Comment

Otto Baron, you are correct... Chevrolet made a 150, 210, and Bel-air wagon in a total of 3 configurations... both 2 door & 4 door. The 150 series was the base model (with straight window pillars) and the 210 series also had straight pillars as did the Bel-air. Almost all the wagons were straight pillar wagons, except for the "Nomad" wagon (with special ribbed rear roof, 2 door only, angled window posts, & chrome strips running down the tailgate) and then there's the elusive "Handyman wagon" with the rearmost windows filled for use as a mini panel truck (also a straight pillar car). The differences in the 150 series - Bel-air series was mainly the chrome trim on the rear quarters, 6 cyl. or V-8, and transmission.

Comment

One of my favorite classics that I really have no desire to own.

Just not the car for me, but WOW I love to see when someone has a peach restored one.

Comment

I've been lucky enough to see two '57 sedan deliverys converted to an ambulance, but not lucky enough to have a camera with me.
          One was a support car for an old slingshot dragster, complete with the red cross frosted windows, and one was in the car corral at the Arlington, TX swapmeet several years ago. I kinda get irritated when I see a sedan delivery with windows punched in it (like the '60 model I found in the woods years ago with crank out travel trailer windows grafted onto it) but the ambulance conversions are kinda' cool.

Comment

Thanks, I thought they were always 2 doors. (wagons anyways)

Comment

Working...
            X