Zipper in the headliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zipper in the headliner?

I don't have a readily available brochure handy, so I'm curious to know what the intended purpose of the zipper in my headliner is for. Here's a pic for your reference:

It's so you can install/remove a detachable beacon on a hearse/ambulance combo. It your coach had a beacon at one time there should be some sort of hole in the roof and a wire tucked up in there too. If it never had one then they might not be there, but the headliner was installed for one.

Comment

Access to the removeable beacon/siren from ambulance service to funeral service for the combo's. Most ambulances have them as well in several places for access to the wires for emergency equipment. Stash hideaway area.

Comment

Some pro cars have a flux capacitor installed in that area where it is out of sight.

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the answers guys! I guess the PO took out the flux capacitor

Comment

Those beacons are removable? Not from what I've seen. I mean I guess you can remove them but it takes effort.

Removable to me are the models with magnets and cigarette lighter power adapter on the end.

SuperSnake if you have the zipper and if the spot on top looks faded or lacking from where one used to be, you should try to find a strobe to put up there. Some people really like them, others not so much. I like to turn mine on when backing out of places because people are idiots and the more safety features I have the better.

Comment

Federal made a detachable mount that is different from the normal mount. I believe it's just a threaded rod and a wing nut with a big washer, and a plug for the power.

Comment

Yea the old "gumball" bubble lights were detachable with a big wingnut & quick disconnects on the wiring. A smooth plug with a rubber seal on the bottom of it was kept in the glovebox usually & got drawn in with the same wingnut to keep water out & fill the hole.

Comment

They weren't all "detachable" though. You had to have the detachable base plate setup. Mine is a permanent mount with three threaded rods, and is actually kind of a pain in the ass to take off.

Comment

It's a 'male' car - keeps the one-eyed-wonder-snake zipped up in there

Comment

crack pipe stash area

Comment

Working...
                      X