Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fingers crossed for sunburned glory

9 months.

9 months I've been waiting for pics of a particular coach. Yes, it is in Mexico - where information travels s l o w l y. Details known:

1941 Cadillac.

Carved.

Sunburned paint; no rust.

All original; unmodified.

The scout that located this is a taxi driver - always on the lookout for interesting stuff to make a small finder's fee. Every time he is in the neighborhood, he tries to get a picture of it. Through a fence, at a distance, with a larger truck obstructing the view, and nobody there. In other words, pics haven't happened. Yet. (The Caddy has moved a few times in the yard and was more visible months ago...before the scout owned a friggin' camera!) This story isn't too far removed from a dozen others I currently know about in Mexico. Patience is frustrating sometimes! As a gringo, nothing else can be done but wait. Otherwise, prices go up up UP as Mexicans think Americans are a pot of gold.

Obviously the coach builder and model are not known. The scout doesn't know hearses like we enthusiasts do. Can it be a '40 or '42? Sure. Still, it is running prewar carved Cadillac in decent shape...

Periodically I inquire further without applying pressure, always trying to come up with questions not asked previously. This week? A possible breakthrough!

Glass.

The gothic portion contains glass panels and does not look like curtains.

Are you effin' kidding me??? If true, what else can it be than a Miller Art Carved?!?!? Rare rare rare! The information up to now on this particular coach is quite solid, having been verified by a second scout (also a taxi driver). Please don't confuse my excitement with gloating, monetary gain, or the desire to own for that matter. (Hell yes it would be cool but realistically I can't provide a home to do it justice.) This is merely a neat discovery!

Some may be familiar with this original Miller Art Carved that also came out of Mexico and now resides in the US with a noted collector:

They're truly gorgeous. Of course I'll post updates on this potential 2nd Art Carved.

wow that is amazing!

Comment

wow, that is a beautiful car, good luck getting the other one

Comment

That is truly a work of art!!!

Comment

color me impressed

Comment

Working...
          X