hearse curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearse curtains

I recently had curtains made for my hearse. The person that made them, is going to have do some alterations. She made the side curtains with no middle piece. The back window is three pieces with three curtain rods, but the side only have two rods. Are the side curtains one piece? The back are three separate pieces. My hearse is a 73 MM. I will post pictures when I get a chance. I hope this makes sense. Pictures word be very helpful.

My side curtains are one piece, well it's 3 main pieces sewn together... the "valance" across the top is sewn to the sides. Actually the rear curtain is made the same way too. Of course our coaches are totally different but hopefully this helps.

Comment

My side curtains are one piece, well it's 3 main pieces sewn together... the "valance" across the top is sewn to the sides. Actually the rear curtain is made the same way too. Of course our coaches are totally different but hopefully this helps.
      I knew the newer hearses or at least the S&S hearse curtains are one piece. I don't know much about other makes.

I went out and looked and there is a third curtain rod. It's round and you won't see it, unless you are looking for it. Now I have to get her to make me the middle piece. I will post some pictures of the curtains as they are now. She made them for a lava lamp. A red and gold lava lamp and she is happy with it.
      Last edited by Abnorml; 09-22-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

side hearse curtains

yes the side curtains is all one piece, but it is 3 pieces sewn together to make one large piece. I made new curtains with taking my old ones aprt with a seam ripper for making the pattern. then getting new premier wine velvet curtains and sewed 3 different panels to gether to make one large panel. my side curtains have 2 bars only one on top the other on bottom
        Attached Files

Comment

Josh, look in My Sunday Drive pics which shows the name plate. My side and rear are 3 separate pieces. The side doors have the second rod which is located right under the rod for the side curtains. It has a little piece on each end that it attaches to. Blow it up big and You can see the second rod where it goes across. I think this is about as close as You will get, Our cars are almost identical, even Blue, lol. Let Me know if You need more info. Ray OOPS, didnt see You found Your 3rd rod.
          Last edited by travlinman; 09-22-2009, 09:31 PM. Reason: 3rd rod

Comment

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I will have complete curtains soon. I have been wanting a set for as long as I have had my hearse.
            I think this is about as close as You will get, Our cars are almost identical, even Blue, lol.
            This is identical, http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...379986912.html
            If it were closer I would have to get it.

Comment

Nice, nothing like having twins.

Comment

I made my own also, my car didn't have anything to go off of though, (there was no interior at all when I got it), so I just looked at some others on the internet and made some similar, lol. Mine are 3 pieces sewn all together also, just like everyone else was saying. Making all the mounts and rods was more work that the curtains themselves, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X