Info wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info wanted

I recently purchased a car that i may hang onto. I want to find out as much as i can about it before deciding to let it go. I have VIN and title I also have where it was surviced which was a coach sales place in Ill. All tag # I have. I want to find out whether it was originally ordered as a ambulance and had the removable landau's added later or if this was an older combo. Any help would be great.

So what is it you own? My guess, if the Landau Panels are a good fit, they are most likely original to that year and coach builder, and possibly your car. As Landau bars have come to represent funeral coaches since after WW2, removable panels with landau bars were often made available for combination coaches. In the 1950's even high top full time ambulances could be ordered as landau, but I can't ever recall a full time landau ambulance that has been built after 1959.

Comment

I did find out that they originally came with them. But wouldnt they have put rollers in? It's a 70 caddy. It has the small windows in the rear on each side. The 2 jump seats face each other on the passenger side. In the Pro cars book(one with white hearse on cover) there is a 65 on page 96 that looks like it. thanks

Comment

Some combinations came with a removeable "casket rack" instead of built-in rollers... Pictures and numbers from the coachbuilder plate would be a great help to us in helping you...

Comment

Ok here is the plate info (superior) Model# 604, Body#1028, Sill#7923, Date 5/11/1970

other plate reads ST 70 69890 P21 1926 BDY
          TR PNT

Will post some pics but not very good.

Comment

pics of 70

here are pics i will try n get some good ones of interior
            Attached Files

Comment

ok i found a bier pin under seat and it fits, where would i look for a "Casket Rack" ?

Comment

Every once & a while one shows up on ebay. You may have better luck placing a wanted ad on the bigger hearse/ambulance websites though.

Comment

"Otto Parts" here on NHAA is selling some parts... and there's a pic of a casket rack in one of his pix. It's not listed for sale but at least you can see what one looks like. Actually there's a name for the rack... but I can't remember what they call them. If you search "casket rack" it comes up with a shelving system for funeral homes to keep caskets in-stock & stacked up @ their facility.

Comment

I'm trying to find info on my '65 so I'm in the same boat as you. The only thing I really found out was that he actually was a black ambulance when he served

Comment

Working...
                    X