3 old coaches in a barn, huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 old coaches in a barn, huh?

Every now and then someone comes through with pics as promised and all I can do is laugh! Especially when my jaw hits the floor - as this is FAR older than any conceived mental image...

The other two? '50 Pontiac (National I believe) and a '55 Meteor! I'll let this pic saturate for awhile first...

After staring at this and other pics online for almost 4 hours, I'm 99% certain to have figured out this ID. As usual, what I was told was incorrect. Sleepy time.

Comment

I'd kill someone in front of their own momma for something like that

Comment

And to answer your impending question - I have zero idea what year or make that car is!

Comment

Was told this is a Caddy with a V8. More and more, it looks like a '20-'21 Cunningham which probably have a Continental Red Seal straight 8. It definitely has a lot of great details - radiator shell, compound curved fenders, 8 carved columns, beveled leaded glass, 'opera' glass...

Shockingly, I already have a price on it too. Actually - a few. The guy trying to sell it is a middleman. Each time he mentions the price it is different. The kicker? ALL of them are reasonable! Thumbs up to paying a finder's fee but the way the $ is jumping +/- tells me if the actual owner can be contacted, the price may be considerably less. There is enough info with some deeper digging I could find him - and still pay a finder's fee to the other guy of course. Not that I want this but someone else may!

Logistics aren't going to be easy (or cheap) given the southern Mexican location. Even after adding $3k-3500 possibly for total transport your location dependent, it's very much worth it.

Comment

The '50 Pontiac. National? I haven't even checked the year on this. Feel free to make corrections.

Comment

'55 Meteor. (Pretty damn close to kitkong's first coach.) With some moldings missing and paint on the rear bumper, it doesn't appear to be all original like the other two.

I still like it!

Have I mentioned how wonderful networking on the intraweb is?

Comment

that 55 kicks ACE!!!!!!

Comment

im in love i think )

Comment

Well, several months later and the coaches' physical location is now figured out. Trying to contact the actual owner currently. Fresh pics are already underway. Bitchin'!

Comment

Damn Atti you are like the Sherlock Holmes of hearse people, always finding the secret hidden stuff, and solving the mystery of where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                        The '50 Pontiac. National? I haven't even checked the year on this. Feel free to make corrections.

Pontiac looks to be a 53.

Comment

nice find

Comment

WOW! that is drool city!

Comment

Working...
                            X