'58 arrives on Friday the 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '58 arrives on Friday the 13th

Big thanks to Dwayne (Evilelvis)! Although a deal was worked months ago, I hadn't made the time to retrieve 960 miles each direction. Didn't want this sitting through another Colorado winter, so I placed an ad on uship.com.

Bids dropped until I accepted one for $525. Shipper promised to pick up within 5 days and drop off within 5 days after that. Well, that was a month ago after a couple delays... Friday the 13th is rather befitting anyway!

Been gathering parts for awhile. This metal isn't a bad starting point.

Maneuvering this beastie was tricky!

Managed to squeeze it through the gate. For those unfamiliar, this Photochop is the master plan:

Luckily, I purchased 2 '60 Buicks about a month ago to donate their roofs.

Figure if I screw one up - there is a spare. If it goes well, another roofless coach can be salvaged.

Still could use a '57/'58 rear bumper if anyone knows of one in a wrecking yard. Also, need to find a set of '57 fins to graft.

Pretty stoked! I'll post a build thread when it gets underway. Back to the grind for now...

Damn thats cool....Good Luck!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Very kOoL project... I'm lookin' forward to seeing your progress...

Comment

I kind of like it stock, but we've beaten that subject to death.

Enjoy your car. When you have something in your mind that's beautiful and it all comes together, there's no better feeling in the world than to go show it off.

-denise

Comment

wood...

Comment

That'll be cool.

Will you be using the upper door frame/glass from the donor as well?

Comment

Yes - everything from above the waist on the '60 will be utilized; windshield, side windows, all trim, backlight. (Doing so lowers the lid about 3" from factory hearse height and lays the windshield back 5".) Rear door glass/trim from the '60 becomes the (front) door glass after trimming. Took measurements off the '57 to ensure the swap would work width-wise. Windshield base will take some metal massage.

Should have one of the roof cuts next to the '58 within a week or so.

Comment

Nice save Atti! Very neat project ahead of you, lotsa neat ideas you have & hope to see update pix as it comes together!

Comment

Thats gonna be one sweet ride!

Comment

Congrats Atti! You know we're going to expect progress pics, right??

Love the coach. I guess the shriners got to it?

Comment

Very cool! I like your idea for the fix.

Comment

Working...
                        X