hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

I've been lurking these boards for a few years, and I finally got my first coach. '67 Superior, it needs a lot of love! Unfortunately, I'm a broke college student, so I'll have to store it for the winter until I can start working on it.
    Attached Files

Looks like a pretty righteous car - got any history on it? Where did you get it?

Comment

Fortunately, there's plenty of love spread around in the technical forums here. The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask, and we have no prejudice here about modifying vs. restoring. It's your car. Have fun with it.

-denise

Comment

Congrats on your purchase!

Comment

Gotta love the 67's... Welcome...

Comment

Looks like a great start.

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks!
              There are no records/history that came with it. The guy told me it was a Fleetwood, the Superior emblem is on the car but painted over. It was from New York, and the guy I bought it from said it's been in a barn for a long time, but he's been in contact with a previous owner and is going to try to find some records for it. The rest of the chrome is in the back of it, but I'm going to clean it before I put it back on. Everything on the car seems to be original, even came with the original curtains. Glass is good except for a crack in the windshield.
              Mechanically, it doesn't look to good. Runs, but seems to have a fuel leak.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great coach, I'm in lust.

Comment

Your not the only broke college student with a hearse that needs work, I hear ya

Comment

Please don't drive around with a fuel leak. You belong behind the wheel, not in the back.

My hearse is insured as a Fleetwood, because Commercial Chassis was not an option with my Allstate agent. The emissions testers read the coachmaker's VIN number and my registration, tell me that they don't match, accuse me of trying to put the registration in the wrong car, and then I have to go point to the VIN number, which is behind the windscreen, and I carry the maintenance manual, which has the VIN location for commercial chassis, in case I have to duke it out in the manager's office. I even emailed the HMIC of Arizona emissions testing, and was surprised to get a personal reply. When I read between the lines, I realized what was going on. They routinely fire and hire to rotate the staff so that they're not as easily bribed, and they don't have time to train them. He also sent me 50 pages of engineering bullshit describing the state's emissions standards, which are actually federal emissions standards that Arizona has to prove, and when I added up the numbers, it turned out that if the Mexican illegals would use electric leaf blowers, instead of fuel-oil, noisy-assed 2-stroke leaf blowers, the emissions standards would be raised enough to give us a rolling limit, instead of a fixed exemption of 1966 and earlier model years. When I emailed that data back to Ira, he said that they attempted to do that, but were not able to generate enough interest in it. Umm....I don't recall anyone asking me.

Ah, well, I'm rambling when I should be friendly. Motor vehicles = bad politics = life. I could tell you about the commercial stuff that I receive from California, but I would run out of space.

Bienvenue sur la carton,

-denise

Comment

1 little puff of gun power is less than the emissions of those weed wackers.

Comment

The first thing I'd like to do is get a parts book.
                        There's a few on ebay two years in each direction, a 65 and a 69. Would either of those work for my 67, or should I keep looking?

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiVengeance View Post
                          The first thing I'd like to do is get a parts book.
                          There's a few on ebay two years in each direction, a 65 and a 69. Would either of those work for my 67, or should I keep looking?
                          Either might work, but I would wait until I found a 67 parts book. Never know what they might have changed from year to year.

Comment

Remember when looking for a manual the 429 engine you have was only in production from 1964 - 1967 so a manual for 1968 & up with engine specifics would be the 472, then 500, then 425, etc. and not for your engine. Probably better wait until a 1967 manual comes along like everyone is suggesting. Alot changed on the Caddy's every year. Your '67 was the first year of that tail light design, the '65 & '66 were totally different. I won't bore you with the other differences but every year of production things changed somewhat.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X