I got a great deal on a casket yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a great deal on a casket yesterday

I saw an ad on SELL.COM for caskets for sale for $300.00. I called the people in Palmdale, FL and went down to take a look at them. It was a two and a half hour drive from here in St. Petersburg where I live. But I found it was well worth the time and gas. The ad says that they have scratch and dented casket for three hundred bucks and that they are retailed for five grand in the funeral home. I can say they are right on that. They are Batesville sealer caskets, 20 gauge steel. They have white, silver and bronze. I bought one called the Galaxy, it wholesales for $370.00 plus shipping, retails for approximately $4,500.00 I got one of the middle of the road models, The paint matches my coach. Two tone silver and pewter. There is just a couple small scratches on the lid. It was still in the original shipping box. Had a rip in the cardboard where something slid across it and scratched through the cardboard. I think I got a really good deal. They have the top of the line white and gold casket the praying hands on the handles and three crosses on the end caps. Very expensive box. If anyone wants to see the ad just look em up on sell.com

makes you wonder what it actually costs to make a box for the ground

Comment

pic of the box I got

here's the pick of the box I got
      Attached Files

Comment

I saw a documentary on how caskets are made. The shells are made just like auto parts...stamped on a die and run through an assembly line. I'm sure that a steel casket costs less than $300 to make, but the wooden ones (not pressboard and staples) cost more because they require craftsmanship. The cardboard ones probably cost less than $20, and are made for temporary use before cremation.

When Tony's first wife died, and he was with his mother-in-law, picking out a casket, she suggested that one of those cardboard ones would be perfect. I don't know what kept him from breaking her neck. Suffice it to say that he made the choice, and he is the only person I would trust to choose mine. My only request is that there be a big party after the funeral, to celebrate what I was.

-denise

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
          X