New to the hearse scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the hearse scene

Hello, I finally got myself a 84 cadillac hearse, Ive been looking for hearse forums and stumbled across this site. looks pretty helpful and plan to keep coming back. Just thought Id see how many people are in or near the Ohio area? Thanks

Welcome to the site Dropped84...

Comment

Down in Arizona, welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Comment

I'm in Ohio... Bucyrus area. There's a few others on NHAA I know in Ohio: "Dead Injuns" is over by Akron, "Banded Spirits" is in Fremont, & "RU NJRD" is near Marysville. We get together sometimes for local Ohio shows & all have hearses/ambulances. Welcome to NHAA!!!Whereabouts are you at in Ohio?

Comment

Thanks everyone....Cool, Im in the Cleveland area. I would like to get to know some people and cruise, Im all about goin out cruisin and having a good time. Ive been into the hot rod scene and lowrider scene and now giving this a try, would be nice to know afew hearse drivers.

Comment

Oh yeah, heres what I will be working with, its an 84 Eureka, plans by spring are hydraulics, rims, sounds, and misc touches. cant wait.
              Attached Files

Comment

Casket and all, this Man is hooked up.

Comment

I'm in Michigan, so I avoid Ohio as much as possible since the cops LOVE to fuck with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                    I'm in Michigan, so I avoid Ohio as much as possible since the cops LOVE to fuck with us.
                    AMEN my friend!!!

Comment

Well I finally got it out of the snow and some how squeezed it in the garage. touchin the front of the garage and have like 1/2 inch to clear the door closing. not gonna have much room to work on it over winter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Be glad You got an 84, a few years earlier Your assets would be hanging out the door, lol.

Comment

That '84 Eureka looks pretty straight. Do you have any history on it?

Comment

Not much history on it, know the guy I got it from bought it from CW coach in Ohio. he didnt have it long. which is good for me cause now I have it. and cant wait to get start cruisin, damn ohio weather.......

Comment

I'm somewhat familiar with these cars. Check the numbers on the Eureka serial plates under the hood and on the driver's door post. Using these numbers, along with the car's VIN number, you may be able to get enough information to contact Burgess Hearse & Ambulance Sales in Loudonville, Ohio - who may have originally sold the unit. They should have records that would tell them that. It's worth a try. If the car was originally from an Ohio Funeral Director - they likely sold it as they were Eureka's sole sales representatives. If you're interested in this type of information, it's worth a try. And, you'd want to speak with Jack or Ned Burgess - they would have been the guys thta sold the car. Let me know if this works - if it's something you'd like to pursue.
                              The car looks quite good and worthy of a restoration. Inlike many competitive cars, the entire roof and rear quarter assembly along with the loading door is glass fibre and they were all Ziebarted at the factory so...these vehicles held up better than most competitive brands. This car is now old enouigh to be collectible and of considerabe interest to groups like the PCS. Let me know if there's anything that I can do to be of assistance as you move forward with this project.

Comment

Working...
                              X