Laws on running "roof light"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws on running "roof light"

Was just wondering if any of you know the law if any on this? mainly in Ohio i guess, but I have the big orange light on my hearse and it works so I wouldnt mind using it for fun. But I just figure cops will mess with me more doing that, Not sure if its for "real funeral" use only or what. Well any info or stories would help. Thanks

Laws are different state to state. I doubt anyone in Ohio is going to have a problem with an orange or amber light. Red and/or blue will get you a ticket if you are using them, but I've never been hassled yet with them off. Then again, when you see my rig in person it's pretty obvious it is a show vehicle and not in service. There are some states that will ticket you if the lights are visible, even if you never turn them on.

Comment

im in utah and i got a ticket for the amber light on my hearse's roof

Comment

Those states that ticket you if it's visible and not on are full of shit. You should just be able to disconnect it and take the bulbs out if that happens and if they still complain well fuck'em.

I'm in Michigan and you can have it on while parked or if you're in an actual funeral procession. You can (in theory) have it on in a parking lot while moving as well, as long as it's a privately owned lot.

I've turned mine on during parades and the Woodward Dream Cruise and no one seems to mind. But it was just quickly when someone yelled at me to do it.

Comment

Woodward is kind of a special case (on the day of the Dream Cruise). I had my lights on all day and was getting thumbs up from the police. I just made sure to turn them off when traffic broke out from a snails pace.

Comment

http://policeposers.com/light-laws/

Comment

always wondered if I'd get busted for using myh siren. Dont look like it, hehe

Comment

I'll just have to risk the tickets!

Comment

Working...
                X