How much weight in a casket.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much weight in a casket.....

Ok well if any of you have read any of my other posts you know I am putting Hydraulics on my hearse. and well today I was really getting into finding the best place to install all of my stuff. The spots I want to use wont work well, and I dont want to mess up the roller table by cutting it up to get through to the floor to get to the frame. Because I have learned over the years with hydraulics its best to weld a battery/pump rack right to the frame rails. You dont want to have that much weight just sitting on the floorboards. So since most of my options include messing up the wood table area Im considering putting all my stuff in the casket. There is already a L-angle type framing in the box that I was thinking of putting to use, just wondering if this will be too much weight to haul in the casket all the time? I will be having 4 group31 (marine) batteries and 2 hydro pumps and lil misc stuff. Not sure total weight. I just dont wanna put more stress on the body than needed, since its already not the best.. and it not being welded to the frame rails concerns me. Well just wanted to see what any of you would consider too much weight for a casket. any info will help. Thanks

i did alot of mechanical frame building for industrial machinery ...you may want to do some more angle iron in the casket to beef it up....
    just a thought...4 batteries are pretty heavy
    Last edited by Klabee; 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM. Reason: .

Comment

The other thing you have to consider, is all that weight wanting to move forward in a panic stop, or heaven forbid and accident. That's a lot of unmounted weight sliding toward your head, lol.

Also, what size rams are you using in the rear? Won't they be poking through the floor anyway?

Another place I would look for mounting the batteries, is behind the wheel wells, inside the interior extensions, by the back door. Most hearses have a ton of wasted space in there. You should be able the put 2 batteries on each side and catch the frame rails for mounting there also.

Comment

That was my plan to put it in the "spare tire" etc. area, was able to fit 4 batts on one side and 2 pumps on the other, was the perfect plan.. then I get to takin sizes and will be too close height wise on the batteries, would have to cut into my table area to make them fit. and its weird I could only get to like half the frame area, the floorboards are lower than I thought to even get any welding done in that area. I thought of other places to go with, but just wanted to keep the rear roller area as stock as possible. damn hydraulics, lol. But I figured the casket has all the parts needed to keep that in place, now just to mount all my stuff inside right Im hoping it will be fine. I have afew ideas I hope to be sucessful, will keep updated, oh yeah as for rims Im just goin tradtional lowrider style with the lil 14" wire wheels. thanks for the help.

Comment

my bad I was thinkin you were talkin about by the 2nd set of doors that have the comparments on both sides. Ill have to look into the other area.

Comment

Lol, I was thinking basically inside of the rear most part of the quarter panels on both sides. I know my car is a little bigger than yours, but I have enough room to get a 5 gallon air tank and a compressor in each side, with no visible modifications at all.

what size hydraulic rams are you going to be using in the rear? Won't they be poking up through the floor?
            Last edited by Creepy Cruiser; 03-25-2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X