strange reactins from the fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
    very bad idea unless you are actually leading a funeral. in most states you can get a ticket for impersonating a funeral procession. i don't fly mine unless i'm parked at a car show or driving in a parade
    What if it's unintentional?

When I first brought my coach home it wouldn't shift into 3rd. Out in the country on a two-lane road traffic begin to build up behind me and well oncoming traffic thought we were a procession and began pulling over to the right...lol..(car was filthy, 3 bullet holes in the windshield, quite a bit of surface rust, no hub caps and needing an exhaust manifold)

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
      very bad idea unless you are actually leading a funeral. in most states you can get a ticket for impersonating a funeral procession. i don't fly mine unless i'm parked at a car show or driving in a parade
      Again though, most state laws don't have anything on the books about just displaying flags. If you have a strobe on as well however that would be illegal.

Besides a procession is technically two or more cars. If you're the only car and people are just driving behind you they can't ticket you.

Same thing with the hell meetup here every September when they go from the parking lot to the haunted house walk through. It's not a procession, however we all just happen to be going to the same place at the same time, and they pretty much just let it slide now.

Comment

I forgot about this. My friend and me were meeting the girl to make Abbie's curtains. We were in her yard and saw two police cars, one drove by, but the other stopped. So we walked over to see what was going on. The cop told us somebody called and said there were people looking at a dead body in a casket in a hearse on the road. The cop saw Bert (my friend) and said "I remember you from the Haunted Mill". So he was laughing when he walked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
          Again though, most state laws don't have anything on the books about just displaying flags. If you have a strobe on as well however that would be illegal.

Besides a procession is technically two or more cars. If you're the only car and people are just driving behind you they can't ticket you.
          yeah i keep my flags displayed in the back window.

Comment

On the same track as the flags, does anyone know the law on those purple headlights that some hearse owners have?
            anybody ever been botherd for those?

Comment

Originally posted by musikill View Post
              Somehow my 68 makes me invisible to cops. It's like they refuse see me even if I'm breaking the law.
              I am also invisible to cops. But you know the minute I say that I am going to get pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by mr x View Post
                On the same track as the flags, does anyone know the law on those purple headlights that some hearse owners have?
                anybody ever been botherd for those?
                They're legal... as long as you don't turn them on. Purple high beams are a more modern day version of the single purple funeral light called "the silent siren" and you are allowed to use them ONLY in a funeral procession. Nationwide the law is all non-emergency vehicles are only allowed clear or amber illumination on the front of a vehicle.
                Here's a couple shots of the purple high beams I had in the '67 Miller-Meteor:

Comment

Dwayne, where do I get those, and how much? My 61 will NEED them...

Comment

Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
                    Dwayne, where do I get those, and how much? My 61 will NEED them...
                    Well, you can go to Zach's site & buy a set in ANY size but they're alot more transparent, a much lighter purple than mine. I still have this set but would prefer to not sell them.

Comment

Here's a set of Zach's purple high beams in another '67 M-M here in Ohio... they look great:

Comment

I can make the ones Zach has, was hoping that there was a more "manufactured" option...

Comment

We were just talking about flags & lights the other day - what I'd like is the purple grill lights. I can get blue, yellow, red... but cannot find a purple (about 2") lights. Any sug.

Comment

I want to replace the dome on mine from amber to purple, along with the high beams and rear opera lights, then install some purple underglows. As far as I can tell I'll just need to make a plastic mold of the current dome in translucent purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                              I want to replace the dome on mine from amber to purple, along with the high beams and rear opera lights, then install some purple underglows. As far as I can tell I'll just need to make a plastic mold of the current dome in translucent purple.
                              instead of replaceing the dome with purple, mabey you can just go with a clear dome and paint the beam with purple staine glass paint? i don't know if that would work thoe

Comment

Originally posted by mr x View Post
                                instead of replaceing the dome with purple, mabey you can just go with a clear dome and paint the beam with purple staine glass paint? i don't know if that would work thoe
                                That's an awesome idea except I need a clear dome as well which results in me making a mold anyway. Might as well just save a step and use purple plastic instead of clear. If it comes out like ass then I'll try it the other way.

Comment

Working...
                                X