Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

New guy here, I didn't see anywhere for introductions, so I thought I would post here to say hello. I don't currently own a hearse, but I used to own a '71 Superior endloader, and would like to get another if I can find the right one. I bought my hearse from a funeral home in Kansas City, KS in 1989. Paid $1500 at that time. It was in pretty good shape, white with black top, and a little minor rust in the usual places (wheel wells, rear quarters etc). Shortly after I bought it, my roommate and I decided to move to Seattle, WA. I removed the rollers and everything else from the back to make room, (left the curtains in the windows) and we loaded all of our belongings, including a motorcycle, in the back of the hearse. Before we left town, I bought some new radial tires, as the bias ply tires that came with the coach were pretty old. I wanted to make sure we hadn't overloaded the tires, so I went to a scale and loaded, we weighed a little over 8K lbs. We left Kansas in spring of 1990, and headed west on I-70. Drove straight through Denver and up into the Rockies on the first day. I was driving up the mountains, passing slower traffic like they were standing still. That old 472 had some real power. We made it to Las Vegas in 2 days, and the beach in LA in 3 days. Then up the coast to Seattle. It was a heck of a road trip, and we got many strange looks along the way. I kept the coach as my daily driver in Seattle, but had some serious mechanical problems, (the rear wheel bearings went out and the wheel flew off while I was driving on the freeway), so I had to sell the hearse. I really miss that coach, but I don't know if I would want one as a daily driver with gas at $3 a gallon. That thing got about 8 mpg. Anyways, just wanted to say hello. I probably won't post much, but I will be lurking, looking for my dream car, ('67 caddy hearse or flower car). Max

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Your requests are pretty easy-peazy to fill. What is your current location? Myself and a couple others can probably point you in some directions.

Comment

welcome to the asylum

Comment

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Comment

Welcome. Good luck finding your dream hearse.

Comment

Working...
            X