light covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light covers

Hi! I'm interested in the "silent siren" light covers of long ago. I'm thinking of adding "running lights" to my coach (round or rectangular yet to be decided). I would like to put purple covers on them (preferably with the white cross and the word "funeral" on the cross in purple). Has anyone got a line on something like this? I know there are headlight purple lenses available, but my year caddy has one large lens (6" x 8") and there's nothing available for that.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike

im looking for rectangle ones like this as well

Comment

If I could find them, I would be interested in some for my 55 too.

Comment

that would be nicee

Comment

Most people I know just custom theirs with either paint or a cover of some type. Maybe make a stencil for the cross with the word in it. I plan on doing this with my high beams but seeing as how I have one large housing for both I'll have to settle for purple high bulbs :/

Comment

Same situation here. I'm thinking to either place purple on each side of each housing so as to not mix with the regular or high beams. Kind of an "eye" effect with the "pupils" being the high/low beams and the "whites" being purple. Behind one lens might look sharp. Or to just add a couple 7" dia. round "fog" lights with purple bulbs.
            Mike

Comment

I can't part with my light-o-flags. But I can cut funeral crosses out of vinyl, and you could try applying them to headlights for the same effect..

Comment

Thanks, Spastic chicken (interesting name). I may try that very thing.
                Mike

Comment

The hobby store has purple stained glass paint which will let you pay for a normal bulb and then paint it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
                    The hobby store has purple stained glass paint which will let you pay for a normal bulb and then paint it yourself.
                    Krylon "anodized" paint is available in purple at Wal-Mart. It is designed to be sprayed over polished metal, so it is transparent.

Comment

Silent Siren Hearse/Funeral Bumper Light

Please check out my ebay sale (find me under advanced search seller heather_hitt) as we've got one for sale on my ebay page. It is in excellent condition from my father's 1935 Sayers and Scovill Hearse. I think you'll like it. If you're not interested, but know of anyone who is, please have them check out my eBay sale.

Originally posted by soleman10 View Post
                      Hi! I'm interested in the "silent siren" light covers of long ago. I'm thinking of adding "running lights" to my coach (round or rectangular yet to be decided). I would like to put purple covers on them (preferably with the white cross and the word "funeral" on the cross in purple). Has anyone got a line on something like this? I know there are headlight purple lenses available, but my year caddy has one large lens (6" x 8") and there's nothing available for that.
                      Thanks in advance.
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X