"You just" statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You just" statements

Just venting here, but I have to or I am going to kill people...You know what I love?

I love when people make statements that start out with the phrase "You just" or "It just". By way of example: "Oh, you can put a 500 engine in an 83, you just drop it right in there". If ever there was a hallmark of some dumb fucker who has NEVER dropped an engine into ANYTHING and has no clue what they are talking about, it's prefacing a statement about an engine swap with "You just".

You NEVER JUST drop an engine in. Why? Because there's always broken exhaust bolts or some bullshit, and that's if you're lucky. In my case (500 into an 83 in case you hadn't guessed) it's that I took a 500 out of a El Dorado (which is Spanish, fyi, and translates into EL, meaning "The" and DORADO meaning "Biggest fucking mistake Cadillac ever made, attempting a front wheel drive on a huge ass 70's car that is a god damned engineering nightmare and is so ugly it's not fit to pick up a date that is a retarded blind kid in") and I am now shoehorning it into the 83.

The problem? It's that yes, it does fit. It fits like an elephants cock in a cricket. Sure, it goes in but you end up damned near ruining everything because NOTHING is meant to fit in that car, not even the original engine. When you go to bolt the tranny to the engine they did leave you some room to get a wrench in, unfortunately it's about the amount of room that a flea moves it's ass when it fucks a dust speck, which is to say NOT FUCKING MUCH.

Finally there are the engine mounts. If you thought the standard 60-70's Caddy mounts sucked, well then you just haven't seen the 80's ones yet. There is NO play in them at all.

Oh, did I mention that I am doing this in a dirt driveway? I didn't!? Well that's cuz it's actually a half truth, I am doing it in a dirt and ROCK driveway because some fucking genius who had this house before me decided "Oh hey, dirt driveways suck, let's throw some rocks in the mix so that when people work on their cars it will dig into their backs and make rolling an engine hoist harder than finding a polar bear blinking in a snow storm". Thanks assholes.

Ahead of "You just..." statements in my book are those that start "The thing is...". Why? Inadvertently, whatever follows is never "the thing".

Start a sentence off with "The thing is..." and what I hear is "My IQ hovers around a stack of wet cardboard at room temperature because...".

Comment

my driveway sucks, but is not quite as bad. it's a combination of old broken up asphalt and grass. I have a piece of that foam insulation siding i lay down when i have to crawl under the vehicles.

i haven't swapped an engine, but i did a head job on my truck earlier this year in the winter. you just take the top of the engine off and put it back on! Thank god for machine shops that can remove broken bolts.

Comment

i just hate exhaust manifold bolts need i say more..... just pulled a 75 500 30k on miles with 7 snapped off oh what fun

the rock driveway get ya some rubber pick up truck bed mats i yank them out of repos i get they are much better then rocks and you can find that dropped bolt so eazy

my shop ha
        Attached Files

Comment

I like the front wheel drive Eldos's... "I'm Just Sayin is all" (I remember how much you love that quote.)

Comment

When I worked in retail car audio, my favorite was "Can you throw this in for me?", never fails, what they want thrown in was always a nightmare!!!

Comment

well if y'all were closer, I'd share my meager workspace with ya
              I haven't installed the lift yet

or the carport...

Comment

Venom you're a lucky fucker, I need one of those, with a lift, and AC/Heat.

Anyway I'm not too concerned with the start of a sentence just so long as it doesn't end with someone else saying "that's what she said."

Comment

what really is kinda funny is when someone says "i could care less" when what they *really* mean is "i *couldn't* care less"

because if they are capable of caring less, that means they care at least some, right?

Comment

Zack.....YOU JUST turned my shitty day a little better....I need to buy you a tall glass of hard alcohol when we finally meet. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                      what really is kinda funny is when someone says "i could care less" when what they *really* mean is "i *couldn't* care less"

because if they are capable of caring less, that means they care at least some, right?
                      I just say "I don't care" as it eliminates all confusion. "Couldn't care less" still makes it sound like you care some.

Comment

you just gotta chill -

Comment

Working...
                        X