63/64 rear heater box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63/64 rear heater box

The more I dig into the restoration of my 63 MM, the more I find stuff that needs loads of work. The back compartment heater box located under the floor was not working. The ducts were disconnected, heater core bad, and fan froze solid. I have a new heater core, fan & squirle cage in the works, but need to know how the heater box vents are connected. In the footwell of the right rear door, there is a vent on the footwell wall. Its not hooked up to anything, and there is a vever on the vent.

Anyone have pics, or a diagram of how the vents are hooked up.
    Last edited by pyro; 07-31-2010, 10:27 PM.

Finished with the new floor of the heater box, installed new heater core, new blower motor & squirrel cage. Just need to figure out how to hook up the air intake with the vent grill in the footwell. DSCN0670_226.JPGDSCN0667_229.JPGDSCN0668_228.JPGDSCN0666_230.JPG

Comment

Pyro, where exactly is this located on yours? I haven't seen anything like this on my 63 S&S.

Comment

At the left rear door is the door you open to access the underside of the floor. My M&M cas a heater under there.

Would you have any extra fenders, or a sourse for some??

Comment

I don't think I have a heater core in the back of mine. I'll have to investigate to see if I had one originally.

No, unfortunately I don't have a source for fenders. Although, I have been really considering buying a parts car and taking it apart and put the parts in storage.

Comment

Working...
          X