Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME!

Comment

Stupid article. Mentions nothing of Mortis City (we had members there, as well as TDS). I was told we'd all get credit. Figures it would work like this.

So basically we need to get more members then them and have our own procession.... got it.

Still at least it wasn't the PCS that got this.

Well now I'm glad I was in the hospital, because i'd be even more angry.

Comment

So, is this "World record academy", like a knock off of "Guinness world records"?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
          Stupid article. Mentions nothing of Mortis City (we had members there, as well as TDS). I was told we'd all get credit. Figures it would work like this.

So basically we need to get more members then them and have our own procession.... got it.

Still at least it wasn't the PCS that got this.

Well now I'm glad I was in the hospital, because i'd be even more angry.
          I wasn't there but perhaps I can offer some perspective from my own experience with the media. I have heard similar complaints from time to time with people in my group, that is to say people who are upset that they did not get media coverage or mention at a large event.

The news media, despite what people assume, does not have super human X-Men powers where they show up on the scene seeing and knowing all. Basically a story comes across the reporters desk, they MIGHT get an advance interview with an organizer, or they might just show up pretty much blind and go on a spree of interviews with whoever looks the most accommodating or interesting.

As such, what goes to print is most likely going to be whatever they gathered. They don't know the facts, names, organizations involved so if you want a chance to be mentioned in an article you need to have a representative there who is willing to approach the media and mention your involvement, otherwise omission is not really their fault.

You also have to take it for what it's worth, free advertisement. I can't tell you how many times the Denver Hearse Association has been called the "Denver funeral club" "Colorado Hearse Club" or any other number of names we've never gone by. Just be thankful someone was there to cover it and figure that anyone who is truly interested in digging further will find the facts on their own.

By way of example, first year of HearseCon we had media on location and they ended up interview this pud fuck who was LITERALLY the worst example of our club they could find. This moron was a pathological liar and claimed he owned 7 hearses, told one girl he had sex in the back of her hearse before she owned it, claimed he worked for the US military as an emissary to Russia...in other words, we got bad press because the biggest dick knob who showed up decided to hunt down the guy with a clipboard and get his name in the paper. The news guy didn't KNOW, he was just there and looking for interviews, so you gotta make your presence known with the media.

Comment

Yeah I get that, I wasn't blaming the media. Although I shouldn't have expected anything from JHA either.

Comment

Working...
            X