Additional seating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional seating?

I've been thinking about removing rollers and floor in my '69 to add additional seating, but I have a couple of caskets I swap out from time to time and I use my coach to transport them to the haunt.

Has anyone seen ever added fold away seating to their coach for and keep the ability to have the space for a casket when needed?
    2010-holden-captiva-lx-diesel-60thanniversary-11-thumb.jpg

I thought about it when I was redoing the back of mine, just didn't feel like all the extra work.

Comment

I've been thinking of that too

Comment

I have made a seat that allows it to be pushed forward and tilt over. This allow's me to transport a casket when needed. I also have a floor section I can swap out for when it needs to look the part i.e film shoots and such. I believe there are pictures in our gallery.

Comment

That is exactly the reason I bought a combo. I had a choice of two 59 S&S coaches, a landau and a limo. Since the Parkrow was a combo, and the Victoria was a straight end loader, I chose the Parkrow, because of the Jump seats.

Comment

I want to put in some fold away seats in mine

Comment

If one really wanted to put a comfortable rear seat in the back, and don't mind loosing the space used fpr the church truck, you could buy out of a junked out stationwagon the folding seat. After the seat is installed, takr the salvaged rollers frpm the part of the floor that was removed, and reinstall them in the added portion of the new floor. You would than have a vehicle for passengers that are either sitting up or in a reclining position.

Comment

Why not have both? ... 1/2 my roller bed is made to lift out with a 1/2 seat under it... full bench, no back, just a lumbar support across the back even with the remainder bed (got the idea from a limo I drove with the bar actually behind your back - sounds odd but very comfy). However, next years plans are to take my wooden casket and cut it in half, then put a back board on it covered with flowers. now when you look in the BACK it looks like a full casket w/ flowers - you'd never know a seat is in front of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flymanj3 View Post
                  Why not have both? ... 1/2 my roller bed is made to lift out with a 1/2 seat under it... full bench, no back, just a lumbar support across the back even with the remainder bed (got the idea from a limo I drove with the bar actually behind your back - sounds odd but very comfy). However, next years plans are to take my wooden casket and cut it in half, then put a back board on it covered with flowers. now when you look in the BACK it looks like a full casket w/ flowers - you'd never know a seat is in front of it.
                  I had thought about doing something like that as well and using the space in the casket for audio storage. May have to look into the station wagon seat.

Comment

Good idea for the station wagon seats. I was looking at pick up truck jump seats at the junkyard the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
                      If one really wanted to put a comfortable rear seat in the back, and don't mind loosing the space used fpr the church truck, you could buy out of a junked out stationwagon the folding seat. After the seat is installed, takr the salvaged rollers frpm the part of the floor that was removed, and reinstall them in the added portion of the new floor. You would than have a vehicle for passengers that are either sitting up or in a reclining position.
                      One of the jump seats from my 58 is missing and this is exactly the approach I'm taking. I have to remove the floor to get to the rusty bits anyway, so a 70/30 split folding seat from a wagon seams like the best choice.... then rear passengers can try to stare through my partition glass!

Comment

Make them stare out the back like the real wagons used to do :P

Comment

I want to put a rear seat in a hearse, but still have the rollers. I have seen a hearse that was made from a station wagon, the rear seat folds down and the casket table just sits on top. I didn't think to get pictures. I might be able to get some if anybody want to see.
                          I would look for a mini van seat, "real" station wagon are getting hard to find.

Comment

got this out of a linclon navigator the 3 seat... just drilled 2 holes in the floor pins lock it in....
                            pull the pins pull the seat....... and the only damage to the floor is 2 small holes
                            so i can move it from car to car
                            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I am going to turn mine into a fold down seat as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X