cot rail problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cot rail problem

A friend got me a cot rail for my ambulance but its too long... I thought they were a standard size. I guess it doesnt help that i have a mortuary removal cot and not an actual gurney.... would that make a difference? Its a 1950's Ferno cot, the rail is Ferno as well...

Is it a 2 man model 54 with the square uprights?

Comment

Its a 1 man.

Comment

I'm far from an expert, but the Model 20 was the 1st 1 man mortuary cot. The model should be stamped on the slats that hold the matress. I have a model 54, 2 man cot which pre ceded these being produced in 1952. Both cot bars I have, 1 that origionally came in a 1972 combo, measures 33 in. between the clamps and Mine fits perfectally. I would think Yours replaced mine and should work. Measure the grabing points on the cot and cot bar, and We'll figure something out.

Comment

I measured the rail from clamp to clamp and its exactly like yours, 33 inches. So I guess my cot is the problem... The only thing i can think of is to take the end clamp off of the rail, cut the rail a few inches and reattach the end clamp with a nut and bolt...

Comment

Are You sure Your locking it in the right place, Mine precedes Yours, and I cant see Your's taking a special cot bar, and then later ones taking the 33 in. one too.

Comment

Working...
            X