Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here, will be on the hunt for a car soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, will be on the hunt for a car soon.

Ok, I'm new here. I just learned about this site yesterday and have spent alot of time today reading and researching.

I'm into all things horror, haunted houses etc. I'm currently in post production for a feature film I wrote, and produced.

Before I continue, I will give a disclaimer. I've been reading the forums here pretty heavily today and I am aware of how people here feel about this subject, and I totally understand. However, I've wanted to do this since I was like 6.. and now that I'm grown and have my own family and I have a 3 year old who happens to be into the same things as me.. I thought.. why the heck not? Yes.. you know where this is going. I want an ectomobile.

/dodges tomatoes

Okay, so thats out of the way. Why do I want to do this? Well, because I'm a huge fan and I like these types of cars in general.. so I figured.. why not combine those things? Plus, everyone that knows me.. knows how big of a fan I am and they knew it was only a matter of time before I started doing this. I probably won't be driving it as a daily driver, unless its like a once a week thing just to keep her running without sitting all the time. I'd also be bringing her to parades, car shows, conventions and doing charity work.

I'm also aware that 1959 MM caddy's are damn near impossible to find these days and I'm imagining that won't happen. And, even if I did find one.. it would be in such terrible shape... who knows if I'd ever have the funds to do it right. So I was toying with the idea, of using a different model that was similar enough to get the idea across. Mainly due to it being easier to find parts and such for it. I'm here to get knowledge on these cars, and to learn as much as I can in the process. I'm guessing my best bet to start off with is junkyards.

Originally posted by Joseph Lavender View Post
    I'm guessing my best bet to start off with is junkyards.
    Possible. A better bet would be starting off with someone's already attempted Ecto. Research this thread yet?

Where are you located?

Comment

Yeah I already read it. I'm from Georgia.

Comment

Whew! My junkyards are safe.

Comment

my Father in Law lives in Texas, maybe I can have him scout there for me :P j/k

Comment

I have a 63 Duplex/Combo being fixed up right now. Runs & drives, new brake system. email me at russ85747@hotmail.com if interested.

Comment

welcome! i am an ecto fan myself and a rabid 59 caddy hearse fan too. neither of which are easy to come by. good luck on your project!!

Comment

Everthink about buying a 1959 Passenger 2 door, and grafting on the front clip and Fins onto a later hearse?

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
                  Everthink about buying a 1959 Passenger 2 door, and grafting on the front clip and Fins onto a later hearse?
                  Yeah, those look FANTASTIC!!!!

This example is in Hawaii...I also like that it's Ecto-1A on the passenger side

And Ecto-1 on the driver's side

Everything about this car makes me want to shoot the owner in the face.

Comment

I've seen worse, like a beautiful 59 Superior that had it's landau area hacked out to build an Ecto. I'm a fan of Ghostbusters, but I simply have no interest in painting my 59 white, and placing what appears to be a yard sale on the roof.

Comment

There's one thing I would never do, and thats turn a "nice" 59 into an ECTO 1. If its a run down hunk of junk who will either rot in the junkyard or come back to life as an ecto.. I'm all for the ecto. I'm not even sporting the possibility of finding a 59, or really even anything close to it. Everyone wants to do different things with their cars. I don't like how alot of people "mod" their cars, but I don't tell them what to do.. its their car, their money, their creative thinking.

I don't want a 59 cadillac. I want an ectomobile, luckily (like in chase's case) there are plenty of other cars and models that will make a suitable ecto.

Comment

My hearse is a blue 73 landau hearse and I still get people said "ghostbusters".
                        There are plenty of "Ecto" out there that someone has started. You can find them on ebay and craigslist.

Comment

The Ecto in those photos amy not be a perfect replica of the Ecto from the film, but I'll bet the owner's enjoying it.

Comment

I just bought a 1994 BUICK Eureka.... 94 Buick Eureka.... White. My insurance agent tells me "oooh, Ghostbusters!" No, fuck that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
                              I've seen worse, like a beautiful 59 Superior that had it's landau area hacked out to build an Ecto. I'm a fan of Ghostbusters, but I simply have no interest in painting my 59 white, and placing what appears to be a yard sale on the roof.
                              ya i saw that one to, i wanted to cry

Comment

Working...
                              X