Odd find on my hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd find on my hearse

My step dad was looking over my hearse (he's a mechanic/car guy) He said that at one time it had a vinyl top, and whoever had it removed it, and fixed whatever rust there was with bondo, and repainted it instead of putting back a vinyl top.

He said it also looked like at one time there was a 3rd window, that was taken out, and covered up with a piece of steel and landau bars were put on.

Its a 1979 miller meteor fleetwood. Does that sound right to you guys? This is good news to me if is true, because I wanted to convert it to a limo anyway, so if all I have to do is take off a piece of metal and add glass.. etc...

I would suspect the basic roof shell was made with an accomodation for a 3rd window. If the order called for it they would leave it alone. If not, they probably put a panel over it. That way one roof shell fits all cars.

Comment

Hmm, so if there was a space there left for a window.. in theory I could remove that panel, and put a window in.

hmm..

Comment

Think you might need to take some pictures.

Comment

The reason for the space for the window, was incase someone ordered a Limo style coach. If you were to install a window there, you would probably use flat glass. Question. Would one flat glass side window look alright if the rest had curved glass?

Comment

I suppose it could be a combination with removable landau panels that had an interior put in. Unless he's talking about that rear small window between the back door and the bar.

(sorry about the image but I don't feel like looking for a better one)

Anyway that silver piece is what I'm talking about that I think he might be talking about. But again we really need pictures of that specific coach to be sure.

Comment

nah, its not that little window. That part is covered by a piece of metal of the same shape though. Where I am talking about is after that. I'll see if i can get some photos. I have photos of the coach, but not of what I am talking about.

Comment

I own a Jolie. it "drinks" petrol so much

-------------------------
                seo tampa
                affordable seo company

Comment

Another Olympian, don't see many.

Comment

Working...
                  X